smallfry
Senior Contributor

Re: True Credit?

I am not crazy about TC.
Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why?  What do you use to check your credit?

Thx!
Message 12 of 18
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Why? What do you use to check your credit?
Thx!

There is a lot of missing info esp. for my Equifax report. I would only keep it to keep up with the inquiries. I plan on buying the discount Eq. Score Watch every couple of months for $6 per report and one FICO score. I might keep the TC I don't know.

Message Edited by smallfry on 05-14-2007 11:30 PM
Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks - I know it's small potatoes but it's crazy to know how much we have to spend to keep our sanity!  However, I can see how it's worth it!
Message 14 of 18
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

@smallfry wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Why? What do you use to check your credit?
Thx!

There is a lot of missing info esp. for my Equifax report. I would only keep it to keep up with the inquiries. I plan on buying the discount Eq. Score Watch every couple of months for $6 per report and one FICO score. I might keep the TC I don't know.

Message Edited by smallfry on 05-14-2007 11:30 PM

I agree that EQ info show up funny sometimes.. I see the mostly with my auto TLs.
Message 15 of 18
golfmomfor3
New Contributor

Talked to TU today about double mortgage they are reporting - was transferred/refi in 12/05 but TU is showing open w/ balance and pmt amt for USBank and Wachovia - faxed copy of this to USB on 8/1 and re ran True Credit today before canceling free trial - STILL SHOWING Double mortgage.

Told TU that I was going to sign up for  True Credit through Wal Mart for 3-1 monitoring - she told me that I couldn't actually get daily report updates if currently have disputes with them - they only officially update their report when all outstanding/pending disputes are resolved?

Since I redisputed this mortgage acct today, they had to extend my current disputes to 9/9!
Maybe a waste to sign up for TC until then?
Message 16 of 18
bri

I was browsing the Truecredit site yesterday and found that you view the view all 3 reports anytime offer and then close the window, a chat bot tries to pop up. If you allow it to pop up it will start talking to you and give you a link so that you can get the 30 trial and then continue your subscription for a discounted price of $9.95.
Message 17 of 18
steffiejoe
Contributor

TU credit/fako scores are way off.
Your credit score
Source: Equifax Date: April 29, 2015
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.