Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

True Credit

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

True Credit

Okay, I am a sucker because I signed up for TrueCredit.  I am trying to rebuild my credit and My daughter is paying a car note for a car in my name (she is the co-signer) and when I started talking to a loan officer I discovered from TranUnion my daughter had been late 5 times with the car note OMG!  I need to monitor this payment closely If I am ever going to get myself in a position to own a home.  I will be having for sure several questions for the board as soon as I get a quite moment to scan the reports.  Did I make the right choice?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Re: True Credit

Yep but don't pull it more than once per week.
Message 2 of 5
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

No one knows why they ban certain people. There was a theory that they hit people who already had a lot of inqs, but then, they've tossed others with hardly any. They've also banned people who pulled relatively rarely. If all you're doing is making sure that she's paying on a timely basis, once a month would do it. I would pull about 5 days after the payment was due --see the exact dates when the others were posted --so that if it didn't show, you can jump on it before it posts as 30-days late.

I started on 9/9, and I've probably made 35+ pulls in those 46 days. They're still letting me pull. Go figure! Smiley Tongue FWIW, I have 4 inqs in the last 12 months, plus another one that is no longer being counted and will fall off this coming February.

A thought: since your daughter has been sloppy with her payments, why don't you get her to pay half the TC subscription, or alternate months? She needs to get focused on responsible credit behavior PDQ!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 5
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

Good idea to monitor BUT by the time you find out about anything major, it's already happened.  GW the lates and have your daughter pay YOU every month and YOU pay the creditor on time.
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 4 of 5
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@SmartCookie wrote:
Good idea to monitor BUT by the time you find out about anything major, it's already happened. GW the lates and have your daughter pay YOU every month and YOU pay the creditor on time.

...and that's how SmartCookie earned her name! Great idea Smiley Happy
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.