Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

True credit

tag
biturbomunkie
New Contributor

Re: True credit

@shawnette wrote:
I have and I ditched TC. They're both pretty good but the Chase one is only $11.99 per month. Both pull all 3 reports and give 3 FAKOs. For me, the Chase FAKOs are about 100 points lower than my FICOs, but they seem to go up and down pretty accurately, so it's been a good gauge for what my real scores look like. (I just add 100 pts) My TC FAKOs were all over the place.

@Anonymous you prefer one over the other? i was hoping that TC might have some features that could be useful. with CIP, i can't archive reports and the format makes me go @_@. in addition, there's no graphs that track utilization or FAKO fluctuation (i know FAKOs are blah but they help me to keep track of my progress).

btw, what's the difference between blue square and gray square (there's no legends!)? my accounts are accurately reported as current and no lates but there's blue and gray squares here and there. it even "advices" me that my score's taking a hit because there's 0-4 accounts (depending on which CRA) that were "previously late." SW definitely has better automated comments than CIP.
Message 21 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just joined the True Credit daily update because I am waiting for a late payment that I got a GW for and a collection that I got a PFD for to drop off and I don't think Scorewatch updates fast enough. My question is why are my scores on Myfico and true credit totally different for each one? The both currently have the same info on each report (I checked them all) My scores on myfico are EX: 646 EQ: 627 but my scores on true credit are EX:569 EQ:572 TU:595 why such a big difference? Which one is more accurate? I am now totally confused and annoyed because I have been using the myfico scores for about 4 months now thinking I was doing okay and would be able to start looking to buy a home in the next 6 months. Now I am seeing these true credit scores which are so much lower and not anywhere near where I want to be to start my home buying search. Anyone else had experiance with this type of discrepancies or can anyone explain it?
Message 22 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Myfico gives you FICO scores (the scores creditors see) These are the only scores you should care about.  Truecredit gives you "FAKO" Scores.  Its basically an estimation of your real FICO, they use a different algorithm to calculate your credit score.
Message 23 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

how do you update the report daily? I have the daily plan thing but its still showing the report from the 11th when I joined. Does it only update the report date if there are changes?
Message 24 of 28
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:
how do you update the report daily? I have the daily plan thing but its still showing the report from the 11th when I joined. Does it only update the report date if there are changes?

Go to the current report, and look over on the right, where it says "Update report." You'll have to click some boxes and type in the wacky numbers, but that will do it.

I had to call TC customer service last September when I couldn't figure this out. I could hear the whole room laughing in the background by the time the call was over. Smiley Tongue
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 25 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

ahh!!! thank you.... i swear i looked all over that **bleep** page and never say that on the right. it took me a few minutes to find it this time even though i knew where to look. they don't showcase it very well.
Message 26 of 28
marty56
Super Contributor

You might have to log out and log back in.  Their web site seems to have been designed by sub-prime web developers.  It it wasnt for the daily pulls, TCD would be worthless.
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 27 of 28
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Mine shows the CL too, just like HTSU said. I love it, except for the 24 hours plus one minute thing. I get lost on weekends, so I usually don't bother, unless I am looking for something to post.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.