Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TrueCredit - Soft Pulls

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

TrueCredit - Soft Pulls

I have the 3 in 1 CR Monitoring from TC.

I asked Kohl's for a CLI, I was told they don't pull hards.  TC shows an EX pull.  A rep told me she'd request to have the pull removed.  I got a letter saying it was only a soft.  I thought TC doesn't show softs?  Before I call them to argue, I wanted to confirm.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: TrueCredit - Soft Pulls

You are correct. TC doesn't display softs. You could always confirm whether or not it was a soft on EX by pulling EX from their site.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

take a printout of the TrueCredit alert and fax it to them. Then call and complain again.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called this morning and explained the situation...they didn't seem to really understand.  the rep told me she would submit a request but that I'd get the same letter because the notes said it was a soft, so I asked for a sup.  the sup didn't really understand either but at least wasn't arguing me about it.  I offered to fax it and he declined.  but he submitted a request to the department that handles it and sent them word for word what I told him to say, so I hope that department understands.  If they don't, then I'll try to fax it.
Message 4 of 5
ralbusta
Frequent Contributor

If after checking from Experian, and you confirm it was a hard pull, I would send a copy of the letter that Kohl's sent you stating it was a soft pull to Experian, and demand that they fix it for you.
Message Edited by ralbusta on 10-07-2008 11:59 AM
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.