Reply
Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup
Posts: 28,098
Registered: ‎04-01-2007
0

Re: TrueCredit Users' Accounts Terminated for "Excessive Use?"


silly34 wrote: Ok here is a question (might have already been asked, but come on almost 30 pages!) What about being pro-active? Calling them up and saying "Hey I am rebuilding my credit and am interested in pulling my report several times a month. Your site says I can do that and I just want to make sure it is correct." That way at least you can write down the name/time of individual spoke to and have some recourse if they cancel you. You could backup your argument with the fact that you did your due diligence by calling them and verifying with their representative that you could pull multiple time in a month and were in the process of credit building and wanted to see the changes. What'dya think?
I think silly34 is saying do this BEFORE you're booted, not afterwards. I've been thinking about doing this myself, if only because I have a weakness for occasionally stirring anthills. If I lose my common sense and decide to go ahead, I'll post what happens (probably immediate termination! :smileyvery-happy: )
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Moderator Emeritus
Brammy
Posts: 5,436
Registered: ‎03-10-2007
0

Re: TrueCredit Users' Accounts Terminated for "Excessive Use?"



haulingthescoreup wrote:

silly34 wrote: Ok here is a question (might have already been asked, but come on almost 30 pages!) What about being pro-active? Calling them up and saying "Hey I am rebuilding my credit and am interested in pulling my report several times a month. Your site says I can do that and I just want to make sure it is correct." That way at least you can write down the name/time of individual spoke to and have some recourse if they cancel you. You could backup your argument with the fact that you did your due diligence by calling them and verifying with their representative that you could pull multiple time in a month and were in the process of credit building and wanted to see the changes. What'dya think?
I think silly34 is saying do this BEFORE you're booted, not afterwards. I've been thinking about doing this myself, if only because I have a weakness for occasionally stirring anthills. If I lose my common sense and decide to go ahead, I'll post what happens (probably immediate termination! :smileyvery-happy: )

 
I think I posetded in here somewhere that I had done just that because I was aware of the terms and they sent me multiple alerts that could not be accessed through their site, linked to old info. Reps response. Ms Brammy, I see nothing in your file, you'll be fine,  Even though they were aware of the alert problem termed in two weeks

Senior Contributor
smallfry
Posts: 4,831
Registered: ‎04-20-2007
0

Re: TrueCredit Users' Accounts Terminated for "Excessive Use?"



TheNewWorldMan wrote:
What's going to do TC in when class action suit time rolls around is:

1) TC advertised unlimited pulls, "daily if you want." It's right there on their front page...the permissability of daily pulls is not a question of what some sales rep said or didn't say, it's right on the front page in 18-point font, bolded no less.

2) The only basis they have to suspect customers of "trying to tamper with the credit system" is said customers' use of the product exactly as advertised. A seller of a product cannot advertise a use of a product and then turn around and whack the consumer for using the product as advertised. If daily pulls constitute "a deliberate attempt to tamper with the scoring system," then TC should not advertise daily pulls.

The legal, ethical, responsible course of action for TC would be to immediately cease advertising daily pulls, and email its subscribers an announcement that daily pulls will be changed to twice weekly (or whatever level is below the threshold of "tampering with the scoring system") and give its customers 30 days to reject or accept the new terms of service.


I think its lame they haven't changed their advertising. IF you are thinking about going for a daily pull service and cannot get Credit Secure you might be better off getting Chase Identity Protection instead of TC. You might fall through the cracks there. Might.
Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup
Posts: 28,098
Registered: ‎04-01-2007
0

Re: TrueCredit Users' Accounts Terminated for "Excessive Use?"


Brammy wrote:I think I posetded in here somewhere that I had done just that because I was aware of the terms and they sent me multiple alerts that could not be accessed through their site, linked to old info. Reps response. Ms Brammy, I see nothing in your file, you'll be fine, Even though they were aware of the alert problem termed in two weeks
I think I do remember seeing that now. This is one heck of a long thread! :smileyvery-happy: thanks
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
New Member
Tothetop
Posts: 12
Registered: ‎10-25-2007
0

Re: TrueCredit Users' Accounts Terminated for "Excessive Use?"

I just tried pulling my credit report again today from TC because I got an alert from them. I got an alert from them yesterday, also, and pulled it yesterday. Here is what popped up when I hit update:
 
Good News
You already have a credit report and score analysis.

Explanation:
Our records show that you have updated your report and score analysis within the last 24 hours.

What to do:

Right there they say you can refresh your credit data 24 hours after your last update. If they say you can do it and they send you alerts saying something has changed on your credit report, it is ludicris of them to cancel you for doing what they allow you to!!! That's like telling your child "Here is a bowl of candy. You can have all you want."  Then slapping their hands because they took too many! I don't get it.
Established Contributor
rifleman
Posts: 565
Registered: ‎06-11-2007
0

Re: TrueCredit Users' Accounts Terminated for "Excessive Use?"

You guys try privacy matters yet? Just get your score there...you can pull every day for just $30 a year.

It's the same thing as TC! Privacy matters is a transunion reseller. Banned or not, I'd go over there--$30 a year beats $15 a month
Senior Contributor
Noah_Bodie
Posts: 4,635
Registered: ‎03-11-2007
0

Re: TrueCredit Users' Accounts Terminated for "Excessive Use?"



rifleman wrote:
You guys try privacy matters yet?

Not me. I'm still doing NC at $14.95 a month for me and DW.
 
ripoffreport.com has a number of complaints on Privacy Matters.
 
Proceed with caution.
 
Moderator Emeritus
LadyFICO
Posts: 273
Registered: ‎04-13-2007
0

Re: TrueCredit Users' Accounts Terminated for "Excessive Use?"

I am on this list as well I thought I was alone it happened over a month ago. Funny thing is they took their monthly payment first then terminated it for excessive use.
Established Member
waiting4credit
Posts: 42
Registered: ‎10-27-2007
0

Re: TrueCredit Users' Accounts Terminated for "Excessive Use?"

I've pulled my report 81 times since January 29.  It might be nice if they shut the account off instead of me having to call and argue with them to shut it off.  I turned it off for a couple of months earlier this year and they were so difficult!
Established Member
waiting4credit
Posts: 42
Registered: ‎10-27-2007
0

Re: TrueCredit Users' Accounts Terminated for "Excessive Use?"

You might be able to get them for lible (print version) if they dessimated negative, untrue and potentially damaging information about you to the public (in Oklah. that is a third party.)  However, if they only told you that you were kicked off for potentially tampering, then it wouldn't be lible or slander.   Try to find an attorney in your area who specializes in media law.  They would know your specific state's requirements for slander/libel, and they could tell you if you have a case.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}