Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TrueCredit Users' Accounts Terminated for "Excessive Use?"

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: TrueCredit Users' Accounts Terminated for "Excessive Use?"

OK SERIOUSLY!!!!!!!!!!!! Where can I go now that TC fuxored with me to check my fako???? I tried PrivacyMatters.com but it appears I am pre-blacklisted there as well because they are just a tc reseller. Does anyone have any ideas? If I sign up through myfico, is there a similar service? Something that allows weekly credit monitoring, score updates and reports????? Thanks!! PS PLEASE HELP!!!!
Message 281 of 336
John060675
Valued Contributor

Hemm, do you have an AMEX CC?  if so, you can get their Credit Secure service.  I have not heard of anyone getting cancelled from it........yet.

Starting Score: 583 EQ, 612 EX, 569 TU
Current Score: 658 EQ, 648 EX, 618 TU
Goal Score: 720 EQ, 720 EX, 720 TU

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 282 of 336
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, but no, I do not Smiley Sad Can I get one with a 610 score and a 2 year old chapter 13?
Message 283 of 336
Anonymous
Not applicable

Most likely not.

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks, but no, I do not Smiley Sad Can I get one with a 610 score and a 2 year old chapter 13?

Message 284 of 336
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hemm wrote:
OK SERIOUSLY!!!!!!!!!!!! Where can I go now that TC fuxored with me to check my fako???? I tried PrivacyMatters.com but it appears I am pre-blacklisted there as well because they are just a tc reseller. Does anyone have any ideas? If I sign up through myfico, is there a similar service? Something that allows weekly credit monitoring, score updates and reports????? Thanks!! PS PLEASE HELP!!!!

Umm, have not tried it but CreditKeeper is another monitoring service, think it's about $9/mo and has a 30 day trial period for $1. Daily pulls. Google it, go to the site & you can see how the reports are presented. Actually it looks a bit awkward compared to TC, but I guess with use it would become more user friendly.
Message 285 of 336
silly34
Regular Contributor

Ok here is a question (might have already been asked, but come on almost 30 pages!) What about being pro-active? Calling them up and saying "Hey I am rebuilding my credit and am interested in pulling my report several times a month. Your site says I can do that and I just want to make sure it is correct." That way at least you can write down the name/time of individual spoke to and have some recourse if they cancel you. You could backup your argument with the fact that you did your due diligence by calling them and verifying with their representative that you could pull multiple time in a month and were in the process of credit building and wanted to see the changes. What'dya think?
Message 286 of 336
silly34
Regular Contributor

Oh wait! I just created the 30th page! WHOOHOO!!
Message 287 of 336
Anonymous
Not applicable

silly34 wrote:
Ok here is a question (might have already been asked, but come on almost 30 pages!) What about being pro-active? Calling them up and saying "Hey I am rebuilding my credit and am interested in pulling my report several times a month. Your site says I can do that and I just want to make sure it is correct." That way at least you can write down the name/time of individual spoke to and have some recourse if they cancel you. You could backup your argument with the fact that you did your due diligence by calling them and verifying with their representative that you could pull multiple time in a month and were in the process of credit building and wanted to see the changes. What'dya think?

LOL!!!  Do you really think that people haven't already done this?  I've done it multiple times and the reps only tell you well TC's stand is that.... I've done it through the BBB as many others have and TCs response is only we THINK you are doing something wrong and we have a right to discontinue service for anyone who we THINK is doing some thing wrong.  Do you think they responded when I asked why my subscription was termed when I only pulled half as many times as the number of alerts they sent out?  Do you think they were willing or able to show me ONE alteration to my file as a result of using the service since I never got the famous 'B'. Gimme a bbreak, there has to be more going on here.

Message Edited by Brammy on 10-24-2007 04:13 PM
Message 288 of 336
silly34
Regular Contributor

Yeah well I've always been told you don't know till you ask. Or was I being misled? Hmmmmm.
Message 289 of 336
Anonymous
Not applicable

What's going to do TC in when class action suit time rolls around is:

1) TC advertised unlimited pulls, "daily if you want." It's right there on their front page...the permissability of daily pulls is not a question of what some sales rep said or didn't say, it's right on the front page in 18-point font, bolded no less.

2) The only basis they have to suspect customers of "trying to tamper with the credit system" is said customers' use of the product exactly as advertised. A seller of a product cannot advertise a use of a product and then turn around and whack the consumer for using the product as advertised. If daily pulls constitute "a deliberate attempt to tamper with the scoring system," then TC should not advertise daily pulls.

The legal, ethical, responsible course of action for TC would be to immediately cease advertising daily pulls, and email its subscribers an announcement that daily pulls will be changed to twice weekly (or whatever level is below the threshold of "tampering with the scoring system") and give its customers 30 days to reject or accept the new terms of service.
Message 290 of 336
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.