Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TrueCredit Users' Accounts Terminated for "Excessive Use?"

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: TrueCredit Users' Accounts Terminated for "Excessive Use?"

I subscribed to True Credit and after 60 days of no changes and no alerts after multiple changes to my accounts such as CLIs and derogatory deletions, I said forget it. So I called to cancel. Got someone in who knows where that spoke very poor English and then proceeded to offer up every reason under the son why I shouldn't cancel including that I would not get any more alerts!! hahhaha

I was very firm and finally yelled that I didn't want to argue abnout it, to just cancel me. She did and then I asked for her suprervisor who tried to pull the same thing. I was then told I couldn't cancel my husband's subscription -- even though it is billed to MY credit card. Same thing happened when he called, only he got much nastier much quicker.

If you ask me, you are all better off anyway. I don't think they were really providing the service they said they were anyway.

I also received that class action notification months ago and haven't heard anything. Anyone know the status of that???
Message 81 of 336
Anonymous
Not applicable

I also submitted a complaint at Planet Feedback on my experience. Shocking I haven't received a reply!!!
Message 82 of 336
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Bastards terminated me today!
Message 83 of 336
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Tuscani wrote:
Bastards terminated me today!

I think you saw that coming...
Message 84 of 336
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Yea, I did. I am just replied with:

Dear Sir or Madam,

When I signed up for TrueCredit, I did so in part because it offered the ability to frequently check my credit report to avoid fraud, *as advertised* on your website when I signed up. As a part of my daily activities (checking my bank balance, etc) I would pull my credit report to do just that.

I have right to review my own CRA files and dispute any inaccuracies per Federal law.. Your own service allow every 24+ hours, daily unlimited access. In fact promote it, as this was one of your key selling points. Also your site make it clear a high risk of identify thief can occur anytime. I was doing nothing but protecting myself along with my right to review. So please state what Federal laws I may inadvertently caused by using your own provided daily fee based service. Since you are claiming some possible fraud, I would like my attorney toe review and your possible slander claim, if continued, using your own service.

If you are canceling my account on the basis of frequency of use, I have no other alternative but to believe that your advertising is fraudulent and a classic bait and switch technique. You have canceled this account, with no violations of the TOS on my part, whatsoever. After you canceled my account, I did some research and discovered that you have, in fact, pulled this stunt on many people in recent weeks. This further shows that your actions to bait and switch are pre-meditated and widespread. Indeed these may constitute a class level action against your company.

1. I will file a report with the BBB with regards to your bait and switch activities. I have sufficient evidence to make such a case.
2. I will contact the state attorney general for the State of MN and file a grievance with the SAG.
3. I will begin legal action against your company.

Your actions have caused me potential harm (since I have not been able to monitor my credit report) and in the future will likely cause me irreparable harm. Based on legal merit, this may well become a class action case, which can cost your company a great deal of money.

Sincerely,
Message 85 of 336
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well stated. I don't think TU is quaking in their boots yet, but it's a start. I signed up for Chase and I'm locked out there too.
Message 86 of 336
Anonymous
Not applicable

Come and join us at National City link to TC. Smiley Happy
Message 87 of 336
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, I did cancel my account w/TC a couple of weeks ago, after the long why, can you, etc., they said I could continue to pull until the of the month (September).  I've checked every 2nd, 3rd day, and there were changes made to my cr that TC had not even notified me about!   And they wonder why I cancelled.

2nd, if we are to only pull 2-3 or 3-4 times a month, so we will not get terminated, what good is it to pay $15 a month for 24 hour credit update/watch?

This does and has not made any sense to me.  But then, that is what the cra's want.

I am not out to bump, or anything like that, call me naive, but I'm still not sure what all that is about.
I just wanted to make sure my personal information was not stolen and that the co's out there, that still love to come back  and haunt you were not hurting my credit.  

Has anyone thought about the fact that we might be fighting against another Bin Lauden?  Does damage to you, and we know where he might be, but cannot be stopped?  Maybe this is food for thought.

Sorry for the spill, it's been a long, hard week!
Message 88 of 336
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe EQ or EX is getting upset with all the hits? Putting pressure on TC? Maybe it is not about bumps. When you pull daily it does hit all 3 CRAs?
Message 89 of 336
Anonymous
Not applicable

TC nuked me as well. Let's face it. It doesn't benefit CRA's when folks like us clean our files up. They like it much better whent they can keep a thumb on your neck, holding your face down in the dirt. They don't make money by servicing the consumer. It's a dirty game. Surely they don't like the pressure of CA's and OC's whining to them about validations. And by taking away access they must think we'll stop all those pesky disputes when we can no longer see the derogs hitting our files.  Sorry, TC. We are far more tenacious than that.  I, for one, am just going to fight harder now to maintain a clean file. And I'll start with TU.
Message 90 of 336
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.