Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TrueCredit VS Myfico

tag
eddymvp
Frequent Contributor

TrueCredit VS Myfico

What's the different between the score that True Credit gives you and the score that my fico gives you?

Example.

My True Credit score.

EQ: 631
TU: 629

My Fico
EQ: 654
TU: 600
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
bott6698
Established Contributor

Re: TrueCredit VS Myfico

Fico is the ONLY score that matters. TC is a fako score which means it is FAKE. That score means absolutely nothing. You won't know what your credit really is unless you pull FICO's
10/11/2017 EQ 640 TU 639 EX 652 12/10/2016 EQ 621 TU 607 EX 626 10/10/16 EQ566 TU591 EX 587
01/31/2008 EX 502 EQ 466 TU 481
3/14/2008 EX 578 EQ 539 TU 543
4/16/2008 EX 622 EQ 532 TU 578
5/19/2008 EX 604 EQ 591 TU 592
1/1/2009 EQ 625 EX 576 TU 569
02/13/2009 EQ 648 EX 617 TU 590
09/28/2009 EQ 568 TU 591
Thanks to all Fico supporters for your encouragement and advice
Message 2 of 12
islandchild82
Frequent Contributor

The scores from TrueCredit are known as "FAKOs", in other words, they are fake.

The scores you receive from MyFico are your actual FICO scores, the ones that the vast majority of lenders pull (over 90%, I believe).
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

eddymvp, please read the Credit Scoring 101 thread linked in my siggy (or at least the first post).  Th differences between the FICOs and FAKOs and the various scores you see are explained there in detail.

Message 4 of 12
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

My EX FICO is 90 points higher than my EX FAKO pulled on the same day. Moreover, if my FICOs go up, then FAKOs lately tend to go down and vice versa. Absolutely useless.
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I too used true credit report and scores because it was cheap, I thought my score on average at true credit where about 15-25 point higher than my fico score..  Believe me when I saw the 625 fico score I freaked.. However I am still a bit happy to know that in 3 short months I have raised my score by almost 40 points ..  I applied for a Cap One  MC  and got it .. I wen out and spent 300.00 on it .. the I started paying 50.00 here and there ( About every 2 weeks) I brought it down to a 30.00 balance.. Now I get credit card offers from a few people every week but I dont do it.. I think I am going to spend the other 30.00 and get my other 2 fico scores.....

Just a quick question ...  will a 625 get you a mobile home loan ????
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Probably if you went FHA...  I usually see on fha websites that they dont look at credit scores, but I have read on here that they prefer to people have atleast high 500's.  Im waiting till i can get to the 680's before I even start to ask about pre-qualifications myself thru local banks.
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fico, Fako.. wako.. I am still trying to find out what the heck is the Pinnacle score that my credit union is asking me for.

I get my score directly from Equifax, so I assume that is ok.  I use True Credit and Credit Keeper at this point because I can dispute Transunion and Experian online respectively through them.  On any given day, I don't know what to believe!
Message 8 of 12
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Hi, Recovering, my light bulb finally flickered on. The Pinnacle score is one of the legitimate Equifax scores. As they charge formulas, they change names:
Beacon, Beacon 5.0, Beacon 96, and Pinnacle scores are available only from Equifax; Empirica, Empirica Auto 95, Precision Score, and Precision 03 from TransUnion; and the Fair Isaac Risk Score is available from Experian. Although the Fair Isaac Corporation develops these credit score versions for the different agencies, they are different numbers, and are periodically updated to reflect current consumer loan repayment rates.
You're OK, they pull EQ.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Credit_score_(United_States)
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Hauling,

Do you think the Pinnacle is the same as the FICO.  The loan officer asked if I were checking FICO or Pinnacle.  I told her how everywhere I read, I was told FICO was the score to go by.  She then said, they will go by my Pinnacle score, which is usually lower than FICO. She then said that she has no idea how one finds about their Pinnacle score.  Smiley Indifferent  Maybe I should just see if I can get Equifax to answer some questions for me. 
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.