Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TrueCredit VS Myfico

tag
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: TrueCredit VS Myfico

Check over on your original post --I just added to that.

The Pinnacle score is Equifax's version of the NextGen formula, which came out 9 years ago. It looks like they just change the weighting on things a bit to try to cut out some items considered not very important.

I doubt that you can buy a Pinnacle score as a consumer. I really wouldn't think that it would be that different from the classic (Beacon) EQ score that you get here, although I do realize that every point counts.

Since they once pulled your EQ Pinnacle, can you ask the lending officer to compare the derogs on it to those on your myFICO EQ score report? I don't know if they're giving less weight to your good things, or more to your bad. She ought to be able to analyze the earlier one and tell you what would help you out.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: TrueCredit VS Myfico

yeah I just got off the phone with Equifax.  The rep had NO idea of what I was talking about.  I am going to call my credit union to see what is up.  When I spoke to the lending officer, she would not give me any information about numbers.. etc...  I spoke with her last month and she said I missed the cut off to get a cc by a few points.  Try as I might, she would not say what the cutoff was.  Credit score was raised, called again, and she mentions this Pinnacle.

You  have given me more information here than she or the woman at Equifax who kept telling me that the loan officer is trying to run some game on me.  I will give the State Employees CU a call today.  If they are not opened, I will try on Monday and make the requests you suggest.
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.