cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TrueCredit 'insurance score' - any opinions ?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

TrueCredit 'insurance score' - any opinions ?

I notice that TrueCredit is offering an 'insurance score' for home and auto.  The fine print states it's based on your credit and geographic location  (address).

Has anyone purchased this?  It's under the "your insurance" link at the top of the page.  I'm wondering if it is accurate, I would have thought it would figure in your claims history along with credit and address ...? 

Thoughts ?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: TrueCredit 'insurance score' - any opinions ?

There is a FICO insurance score. But if TrueCredit is selling one, it's a FAKO.

eta: here's the FICO website explaining insurance scores and what goes into them: InsuranceScore.com.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 5
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Thanks for the link about insurance scoring HTSU. I'm going to bookmark it for future reference.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802
EQ - 7/06-663, 3/10-800
TU - 8/10-772
You can do the same thing with hard work

Message 3 of 5
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

As I understand it, some states don't allow insurance companies to use scores. Hawaii is one; I think California might be another, although I'm not sure.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 5
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

As I understand it, some states don't allow insurance companies to use scores. Hawaii is one; I think California might be another, although I'm not sure.

I know that Texas allows it. When I renewed my auto policy last year I was talking to my agent and he mentioned an "insurance score" that is looked at from time to time by the company. But it's always a soft pull so it's no big deal.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802
EQ - 7/06-663, 3/10-800
TU - 8/10-772
You can do the same thing with hard work

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.