Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TrueCredit reports don't match reports from actual CRA

tag
ozgirl
Regular Contributor

TrueCredit reports don't match reports from actual CRA

I am Confused! I have been studying our reports because it is an obsession of mine (ha) and I note that on DH True Credit reports for Equifax our mortgage shows "Unknown" since April--meaning there is no green box. So, I compared this with DH's report obtained directly through Equifax and they show it as reported--or at least what I presume to be reported as there is the little black dot for each month. Additionally, on the Equifax report it indicates that it reported in January.

Is this normal? Are the TC reports less reliable than the ones obtained directly through Myfico and/or the actual CRAs?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
DUISlayer
Regular Contributor

Re: TrueCredit reports don't match reports from actual CRA

yea. truecredit.com SUCKS.

their information is inaccurate. i got them a few days ago, and am VERY dissatisfied. nothing matches, they dont get all of the information, and they use their own method of scoring which is obserd. I recommend pulling your reports from this site, or going to equifax/transunion/experian's individual websites and getting THEIR report.

$1,500        $4,500        $1,000        $1,000       $13,500       $3,100        $1,000        $1,000        $15,000
     5/06           7/07            5/11            8/17            8/17           9/17           10/17         10/17          10/17

FICO 8 as of 11/4/17: EQ 674, TU 679, EX 665 | Gardening commenced Friday the 13th (10/13/17) | Next app: Oct '18 - 2nd AMEX

Message 2 of 4
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@ozgirl wrote:
I am Confused! I have been studying our reports because it is an obsession of mine (ha) and I note that on DH True Credit reports for Equifax our mortgage shows "Unknown" since April--meaning there is no green box. So, I compared this with DH's report obtained directly through Equifax and they show it as reported--or at least what I presume to be reported as there is the little black dot for each month. Additionally, on the Equifax report it indicates that it reported in January.

Is this normal? Are the TC reports less reliable than the ones obtained directly through Myfico and/or the actual CRAs?

On my TC reports, I never get green boxes for EQ --one of their little quirks. But above the lines of boxes, up in the text area, all the info is there. Just a display issue. If your mortgage doesn't show in the text area, that's a different issue. Sometimes things are more understandable when you click for the printable version, although you lose all the pretty colors.

TC reports are secondary reports, like the myFICO reports, and in some areas, the data fields aren't mapped right, so things display oddly. Fortunately, your FICO scores are crunched from the full reports that the CRA's maintain.

I would love to do daily report pulls from myFICO, but then I would have to go out and get a third job to pay for it. Smiley Tongue
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 4
sunrise
Frequent Contributor

If you want a real TU credit report and score, you can use myfico...or...transunioncs.comSmiley Happy

Message Edited by sunrise on 01-26-2008 06:42 PM
takin' it one day at a time
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.