Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Senior Contributor

Re: Try Reconsideration! It works!

Was denied one of my recons. CLI thru Wells Fargo.

Might have gotten approved by Chase. They sent a letter to confirm because of the FA on my CRs. Called, confirmed info, and they seemed to imply I was approved.

Still haven't heard a peep from the third, Fred Meyers Rewards Mastercard (thru Krogers and CITI).
Senior Contributor

Still not a word outta Fred Meyer/Krogers/CITI. No INQ, no letter, no nothing.

But, Chase gave me a $400 CL CC. Here's my begging, pleading, groveling recon letter.

Thank you for considering my credit application, and I know that my credit reports show a less than ideal applicant.  However, I am writing today to ask that you reconsider my application.

I have maintained current car payments on two vehicles over the past six and a half years, I have paid down most of my debt, and I have maintained an almost perfect recent payment history with only one late payment in the last five years.  The single biggest bad marks on my credit reports are two accounts with Pentagon Federal Credit Union (PFCU).

Over the last five years, I have contacted PFCU on several occasions and offered to repay the debt at $200 a month until paid in full.  This is twice the minimum payment on the monthly statements they continue to send me, and they have refused to talk with me.  The collection agency to which they assigned the debt refused to accept any form of monthly payments and insisted upon a lump sum for almost the full amount—which I did not have.  When they handed the account over to an attorney, I contacted the attorney and he readily accepted $200 monthly payments on the debt.  I will never understand why PFCU was unwilling to accept $200 a monthly directly from me in 2002, when I first extended the offer, but the attorney retained by PFCU would so willingly accept these terms.  This debt could have been paid in full almost three years ago, but instead my credit suffers despite my willingness to pay the debt I owe.

When my wife and I fell behind on our debts after several job layoffs about seven years ago, Chase was willing to work with us to repay our debts.  We thank you for that.

Whatever your decision, thank you again for considering my request.
Moderator Emeritus

Letter is awesome. I want to grant you credit!

HEHE
Established Contributor

That's a great letter Noah, I'll try and use that same letter too.

Cory
American Express Blue Cash Everyday; American Express Everyday; Barclay's AAdvantage Aviator World Elite MasterCard; Citi Thank You Premier World Elite MasterCard; Citi Double Cash; Navy Federal cashRewards Visa Signature Card.
New Visitor

I just applied for a cap one card. your words made me nervouse. can u tell me more please about your experience?  thanks.
Senior Contributor

planetj wrote:
I just applied for a cap one card. your words made me nervouse. can u tell me more please about your experience?  thanks.

To whom were you addressing your questions?

Can anyone confirm/comment on this regarding Capital One? Isn't the high limit the highest balance you have had on that card, ever, and not considered in your score? Isn't it the current balance that applies for Util? I have a Capital One CC and I'm pretty sure they report my balance accurately, and my Util isn't being calculated with a 100% from CapOne. As far as reporting the high limit goes, I'm pretty sure all of my CC report the highest balance I have ever had with them, as well as my current balance.

Sorry, I thought the post I was trying to quote would appear with my message above. I was referring to the message about Capital One; where apparently the credit limit is reported as the balance thus resulting in 100% Util? I'm not really sure what the post was really about but I think it was back on page 1. Also, does this recon method work for credit limit increase denials? I just asked Wells Fargo for a CL increase on my existing visa and they denied it. Thanks.
Valued Contributor

deuce

You do not have to worry about Cap 1 and the credit limit. For one the message that you read is old and was before Cap 1 starting reporting the balance, they do report the limits now. So no worries.
If at first you don't succeed... hang up and try again!!
Frequent Contributor

i tried to do a recon for the citi aa, they told me i needed ti have my cc for a yr. has anyone heard of this

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.