Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Try again?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Try again?

"If not, when you try again for AMEX, apply for multiple CCs all the same day. That way at most you'll get just 1 INQ per CRA. I would try for AMEX Green, Optima and Delta. Those are supposed to be the easiest to get."

That also greatly increases your chance of getting a F/R, which may be a hassle you don't want to deal with.
Message 11 of 20
girlie
Regular Contributor

you guys are gonna get sick of hearing from me, but  i would suggest applying for the amex delta skylines card.  see the amex thread.  i applied this weekend and received an instant approval and many people from this forum followed suit and were rewarded with approvals.  some were approved with scores in the high 500s.

good luck.
Message 12 of 20
fused
Moderator Emeritus

girlie wrote:
you guys are gonna get sick of hearing from me, but  i would suggest applying for the amex delta skylines card.  see the amex thread.  i applied this weekend and received an instant approval and many people from this forum followed suit and were rewarded with approvals.  some were approved with scores in the high 500s.

good luck.

That's great news!  I am pleasantly surprised to hear Amex will issue a card to someone with FICO scores in the high 500's.  About time they do!Smiley Very Happy
Message 13 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
"If not, when you try again for AMEX, apply for multiple CCs all the same day. That way at most you'll get just 1 INQ per CRA. I would try for AMEX Green, Optima and Delta. Those are supposed to be the easiest to get."
That also greatly increases your chance of getting a F/R, which may be a hassle you don't want to deal with.

I did that and got separate inqs for each app all done on the same day and same banks.
Message 14 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Am going to file for BK - I have 3 amex cards - if I give 2 in with BK will they cancel the 3rd?
Message 15 of 20
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

imatuxedo wrote:
Am going to file for BK - I have 3 amex cards - if I give 2 in with BK will they cancel the 3rd?

Not sure.. but AMEX never forgets! If you do BK them you will never get another AMEX unless you can get on their Oasis program.
Message 16 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oasis program??????
Message 17 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I did that and got separate inqs for each app all done on the same day and same banks.

I applied for 2 different cards with AMEX same day and got just one INQ per CRA. Others tried and had the same results.
Message 18 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

okrogius wrote:

How exactly is AMEX going to subject one to an FR if one has no CCs with AMEX? I may have been reading more into the OP's statements, but I thought the OP to date had no AMEX.

Message Edited by Noah_Bodie on 06-04-2007 10:29 PM
Message 19 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

imatuxedo wrote:
Oasis program??????

If you ever defaulted on an AMEX CC--charge off, BK, etc.--AMEX blacklists you. Once you repay the debt, they will offer you an AMEX Optima CC to rejoin the collective.

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.