Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying To Live Up To Resolution..

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Trying To Live Up To Resolution..

I made it a New Years resolution just as I saw my tax report to clear up all the mishaps that i collected as a young, and well to say the least,"irresponsible" young adult.  I have a very poor credit score with 4 accounts in collections a total of $855, which i find very easy to take care of paying off now that income tax time has arrived, i have one open loan account in to which i recently aquired as of July 07 and am proudly in good standings with, and two closed accounts (1-charged off for $15,401 which was a repo that i ended up paying in a settlement) & (1-closed paid account for $13,386 that was paid in full after i totalled the vechicle out after 1 yr & 5 mths). My questions are: As i start to pay off these collections agencys that now hold my delinquent accounts, how long before i can expect to see a change in my credit score and even though i pay these off will they continue to hurt my credit report?  Does the repo that i did eventually came around to paying off after a settlement was agreed still hurt my score even though its showing it has been charged off?  I am trying to get off to a great start to taking back hold of my financial situation and buliding back my credit that i have admittingly destroyed as to being uniformed as a young adult as to how important "credit" really is.  I will pay off all these debts and begin building a better future for myself and eventually my family.  Any information, advice, or answers to my questions will be greatly appreciated

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.