Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to decide what to do with an inquiry

tag
missgamecock
Contributor

Trying to decide what to do with an inquiry

Ok, I am furious that Nationwide Credit, Inc. made two hard inquiries on my EX report. Which I am sure has caused that score  to drop some. I had the AMEX green card which went into collections and was paid to AMEX immediately. However, when the green card went to collections, my Blue card which was current and up to date was immediately demanded for the balance of 4k. I didn't have 4k hanging around so AMEX sent it to Nationwide Credit to collect on. I did a payment plan of $500 a month and paid it off the first week of November. Nationwide Credit did a hard inquiry before notifying me of the collection on 1/2/07. They again made ANOTHER hard inquiry on 10/17/07. I want those inquiries off but I am afraid of rocking the boat. They agreed not to report it as a collection as long as I paid $500 each month. This was before I found these forums. It is not in writing. So far it is not reporting. Amex is reporting the account as current/paid, $0 balance, closed by credit grantor.

So should I leave it be or should I write a letter to the CRA citing Pintos that I did not apply for credit nor sought employment with this company and they should remove as they did not meet permissible purpose and are in violation of the FCRA? Or write Nationwide and request that it be removed/or changed to a soft inquiry citing Pintos and that they did not have permissible purpose?

It really really bugs me that they did a hard inquiry twice. However, a collection showing up would be much much much worse on my scores.  
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.