cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to help my mom....What is best plan of Action?

tag
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

Trying to help my mom....What is best plan of Action?

My mom is buying a house through NACA and she has a collection of $766 on her report which is from Suntrust banks. CBCS now is collecting for the debt.

NACA wants that collection paid before her next visit which is like on Mar 26th i think, my question is what is the best way to resolve this? Should i DV even though the debt is hers? I have already prepared PFD letter but with so little time left i dont know if its worth it.

My mom has said that she has to pay it, so either way its getting paid. I just hate the thought of it being on her report for the full 7 years when she could possibly get it removed!

I thought about faxing them the PFD letter but it wouldnt be certified!

Thoughts, suggestions, anyone!
Rebuilding and Reducing Debt, is my game plan.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Trying to help my mom....What is best plan of Action?

PFD do not need to be certified.

Fax it (save the confirmation)

Yes, it needs to be taken care of - but how can NACA set a deadline as such (she isn't ready to close)...
Message 2 of 5
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

Ok thought i read somewhere that PFDs need to be certified! Anyways she has appointment every other month i guess she is in the qualification stage. They are asking her for references and such! They told her that this Collection needs to be paid! I dont know how well CBCS is with PFD's, have you or anyone had experiences with them?
Rebuilding and Reducing Debt, is my game plan.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

No experience with PFD with CBCS, but sent them a DV. They replied that the account was closed and turned back over to the OC. However, getting them to delete from CR has been h$%#. Still not deleted, currently have a dispute with the CRA over it.

They are not easy to deal with. Called and asked who the president of the company was, asked 2 diff reps and a supervisor and they "don't know".

Told me they could only delete if I proved to them that it was on my CR. To which I replied that they needed to comply with FDCPA/FRCA and they said only if I send them proof. HA!

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sidewinder sounds like you need to file suit against them. Every time that they report the collection when they are no longer responsible for collecting is a violation. The way that I look at it is if they report to one cra, that is one violation. If 2 cra's then 2 violations,etc. If they reported last month and then report again this month, then this month counts as a seperate violation.

They would most likely have this off your reports 5 minutes after getting served with your suit. I would still proceed with the law suit though to make them pay for there violations.

If enough people made the ca's pay for their violations they would eventually decide that it is in their financial interest to actually obey the law.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.