cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to reverse CA Auto Pay, this should be interesting.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Trying to reverse CA Auto Pay, this should be interesting.

In December I called 3 CAs and told them to stop the previously ok'd payment plan (never signed anything, just by phone).

I went to my bank, informed them, and asked to block as well. They said they could not do that but if the items showed up, they'd 'simply' reverse.

Flash forward, I have about 10 auto-payments from the 3 agencies, for about $500.

So of course, it turns out it is NOT that easy. I had to fill out dispute forms, AND close my account. Silly bank can't even stop illegal withdrawals!

My concerns;

1) CA one, when I disputed in December removed all three accounts from my reports. BUT they continued to debit me for 4 months (Dec-March). Wondering if once they get the bank dispute if they will try to re-report and/or sue. As far as I know it is out of SOL. As an aside, no one can seem to answer if in NY State if you pay a CA, it re-sets SOL. All I can get is the 'in SOME cases SOME courts will re-set SOL if payments made' though no one can say if that holds true for CA as well as OC.

2) CA two was removed from Efax, but not TU/Experian. Wondering if once they get dipsutes/reversals they will report to all to be petty, and/or try to sue. Same SOL issue with them.

In the latter case, I just sent out a DV, it should be interesting to say the least.

#2 also is set to fall-off in 1/09.

I also DV'd a CA who is not deducting but due to fall off in 7/08, given it is 3/08 hoping they say screw-it.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Nectarine
Contributor

Re: Trying to reverse CA Auto Pay, this should be interesting.

@Anonymous wrote:
I went to my bank, informed them, and asked to block as well. They said they could not do that but if the items showed up, they'd 'simply' reverse.

Flash forward, I have about 10 auto-payments from the 3 agencies, for about $500.

So of course, it turns out it is NOT that easy. I had to fill out dispute forms, AND close my account. Silly bank can't even stop illegal withdrawals!

I closed my BoA acct for something similar -- if the bank can't prevent debits that you don't want (even by changing your acct numbers), they don't deserve your business. Smiley Indifferent Of course, I'm assuming that you have contacted the CAs to stop payment (but to no avail, surprise surprise).

I'm not sure what to say about the SOL, except that I would personally press the issue of it being past it's expiration date (for it's original sign date).

Good Luck!!
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.