Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to start over!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Trying to start over!!!

I have a Equifax score of 520 and I need to know the best ways to re-build my credit history in a timely manner.Most of the stuff on my credit report is small but I do have one automobile reposession.Is there a way to acquire a loan to pay off a lot of the little stuff or should I try another route?

THANKS!!!
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Trying to start over!!!

Fastest way to get a jump on your FICO journey is to pay CCs down to 1%-9% utilization.

What are your other baddies?

Rob
Message 2 of 8
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

Hi quentins8,

When you just start out you are both excited but overwhelmed with it all.  Be the tortoise, not the hare... don't worry about timely, you'll get there faster taking the time to make sure it's being done right.

My gameplan would be not attempting any loan at this moment.  You don't need the hard inq's for nothing right now.  Don't apply for any new cards, and don't close any old cards.  Read everything you can here, from the all the great info posts to the threads.  Read it again and again... spend a week learning, minimum.

Then I'd pull your free reports and try to clean up what you can with GW letters.  If there is stuff on there you need to dispute/DV, do that thru the paid reports.  Don't contact anyone you want to pay off until you are ready to bargain with them and agree in writing on a PFD.  

You don't want to rush into sending out anything... be it money or letter... until you know you are doing the best possible thing for that particular issue.  

Welcome aboard!

EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks a lot SmartCookie but I am new to this so I don't know what all the abbreviations stand for so can you please elaborate?

THANKS
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there anything that I might qualify for now or should I just hold off on trying to get anything right now?
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks a lot SmartCookie but I am new to this so I don't know what all the abbreviations stand for so can you please elaborate?
THANKS

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=generalcredit&thread.id=3866
Message 6 of 8
fused
Moderator Emeritus

quentins8 wrote:

THANKS

Abbrev thread

Message 7 of 8
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

quentins8 wrote:
Is there anything that I might qualify for now or should I just hold off on trying to get anything right now?

Hold off till you see what progress you can make with your CBR's.  As I said, the hard INQs are probably just going to hurt you right now.  There is a method to this, trust me... read   Smiley Happy 
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.