cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turned in a lease, now showing its reposessed. help!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Turned in a lease, now showing its reposessed. help!!

In june 2004 the lease on my Nissan ended and I went to lease an infinity. The infinity dealer said that since they were one company (nissan-infinity) they could let me drop my nissan off there without a problem. 6 months later nissan sent me a notice saying that the were going to sue me because i never turned the lease in. to make a long story short, the infinity dealer forgot to "ground" the car and mark it "returned". i faxed nissan the proof that the car was returned back in june and they sent me a letter confirming they sent all 3 bureaus notices to remove the 30/60/90 lates and the reposession notice. then i checked my credit a year later and it was only removed from transunion but still remained on the other 2. i called nissan again and they apologized that not everything was removed so they sent me another letter confirming that they had made sure to notice all the bureaus to remove all the negative marks and this time it was done for sure. I checked all three reports again recently and it STILL shows up on equifax and experian. I have disputed it through the bureaus and they keep coming back saying that it has been verified as "Accurate" with the creditor. Any help here? I have 2 letters from nissan apologizing for their error and promising that the negatives will be removed and i sent these to the bureaus and they still say they cannot change it. is it worth suing for violation of FCRA? Anybody know the statute in california? Thanks for those who took the time to read this long message. any help will be much appreciated.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Turned in a lease, now showing its reposessed. help!!

WOW. You sent the CRA the letters and it did not get fixed. Ouch. This has never happened to me. Sure banks repeatedly made mistakes but a letter has "always" corrected it when sent to the CRA's. I do have to tell you I was on the phone with the CRA's every 2-5 days until some more difficult problems were resolved. Usually determination with the CRA's got it resolved. Hmm. You need to push very hard with the CRA's on this issue. Very surprising about this type of thing. Usually this is a piece of cake in situations like yours. Just about a 7-14 day thing.

As long as your dealer is willing to correct it. Make them FAX it to the CRA's. Maybe their system is not sending the updates properly or human error. A fax should do it for sure! But the fax needs to come from the dealer and noted this has been submitted several times and still not corrected. Noted that a human need to correct it. Should be able to be corrected in days.... Sorry to hear about this trouble. I wonder if you are going to a third party company to get to the CRA's?

On the letter sent to the CRA's it also has to be noted to ignore verifying, must talk to a person at the dealership. Have the dealer phone the CRA's too. This is an out rage!

Sorry. I get really upset about incorrect negatives like this. Smiley Sad

Message Edited by ilovepizza on 09-27-2007 07:50 PM
Message 2 of 6
CreditDrama85
Established Contributor

this is horrible. i would simply send the letter of apology from nissan to the CRAs by CMRR 2wice. wait a while and check to see if it is removed.

if it still is not removed, you should definately refer the matter to your attorney and sue.

there is some law that says a consumer does not have to continously reproduce documentation to resolve financial matters.....i cant remember the legal term for this. ( i will re-post if i do)
Message 3 of 6
CreditDrama85
Established Contributor

ALSO, i dont know what kind of relationship you have with the dealership BUT you might want to consider getting them to unconciously admit to not "grounding" the car when it was returned (in writing) if they havent already done so.

that shows definate negligence on their part and would entitle you to be awarded serious damages.

Message 4 of 6
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

CreditDrama85 wrote:
ALSO, i dont know what kind of relationship you have with the dealership BUT you might want to consider getting them to unconciously admit to not "grounding" the car when it was returned (in writing) if they havent already done so.

that shows definate negligence on their part and would entitle you to be awarded serious damages.

Doesn't that mean just returning in to the lot and putting it back into inventory?  
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 5 of 6
CreditDrama85
Established Contributor

no, it means they failed to report to the financial institution that the vehicle was returned when the customer returned it.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.