Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tuscani, Can you help please?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tuscani, Can you help please?

I just checked my credit TODAY and noticed a nice new collection (no notification from FICO btw). I know this account is from another collection that I just had deleted recently-- from 2004.
The new collection agency is reporting that this collection was opened in 2007--is this fair?
It is from midland Collection and on my report stating that they cannot connect debtor. What should I do about this? I know it might not be enough info, if I am missing anything please ask. Thanks in advance.
I do not want to do a PFD because this is not my account, and I do not want to pay from someone elses mess up. Should I dispute with the CRA first?

Message Edited by jaybee on 05-03-2007 08:07 AM
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Neblett
Regular Contributor

Re: Tuscani, Can you help please?

YES!  Dispute!

If it is not your account, they have to delete it.
Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dispute and then DV the CA also it is my understanding that SOL begins from DOFD not when CA buys the account. Does it state when the last activity was? as i believe that would be the when the clock starts.
Message 3 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

dekrist

It states 3/2007 on all dates. I know for a fact this what it is because of the amount. I definitely have not been late on anything or even had anything charged in the amount that they are stating that I owe.

At this point I am thinking a DV would be a good idea. How does that work? Any suggestions on what I should write?

Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 5 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks!!
Message 6 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your welcome hope it helps
Message 7 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was asking for help with the DV letter.

The thread that was recommended is talking about contacting the original creditor. I know nothing about this account this is why it was deleted at first.
Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

jaybee,

Midland has an awful reputation for reporting really old debts that are beyond the SOL and even beyond the 7.5 year reporting limit. They also are not above finding someone who's name is close enough, calling it a game of horseshoes, and tagging you with a debt that actually belongs to jaycee rather than jaybee.

Don't worry about the OC, yet. Just send off your DV letter to the CA and dispute with all the CRAs where this TL appears.

Be sure you send the DV letter CMRRR, save your CM receipt, save your RRR green card when it comes back, save your USPS receipt (which has the CM # on it), save a photocopy of your signed letter, and put a reference line at the top of your letter.

USPS CERTIFIED MAIL xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx

DV is a powerful weapon. Use it. If it's slays the CA grendel, then you win and nothing more is needed on your part but to continue your vigilance and watch your reports.

Do NOT use the words "cease and desist" in your letter as you want them to keep communicating. That's why the DV is so powerful. If they don't follow FDCPA, you have 'em on easy violations. If the debt ain't yours, you can have a relatively easy time getting a settlement outta them in small claims. If the debt is yours, it's potent leverage for a PFD--for debts that can still be reported.

Message 9 of 18
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Sorry for chiming in late. I agree with what the others have said. Good luck!
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.