New Contributor
FICOnater2007

Tuscani, Sallie Mae, and Higher Education Act

Hello all (particularly Tuscani),

I did a search for Sallie Mae and found a thread where Tuscani got some lates removed by these clowns despite the "Higher Education Act".  However, he had some "forebearance" thing going on and thus had a mitigating circumstance.

Has ANYONE else had any luck getting lates removed from these guys? And what is the gist of the Higher Education Act...must mean the "school of hard knocks" if you have any lates!:smileyvery-happy:

My wife has one (1) 90-day late in August of 2004...funny it shows ALL other payments before and after as being on time.  It would be nice if they would cut us a break, but I made a GW call already and got the brush off...perhaps now a GW letter?

Thanks in advance for info,

FICOnater2007

Established Contributor
bren39

Re: Tuscani, Sallie Mae, and Higher Education Act

Just sent SallieMae/USA Funds a gw fax on Thursday the loans have been consolidated asking them to remove lates from my report..Havent heard anything back yet...Good luck to you...
TU 662 EQ 644
EX 643
New Contributor
FICOnater2007

Hi Bren,

In fact my wife consolidated her loans several years ago.  However at the time they were broken down into 4-5 separate loans so the "lates" for that month equal FIVE lates against the FICO score.

Still, good luck with your GW letter.  I may try a hardcopy letter as well.

FICOnater2007
Moderator Emeritus
Tuscani

All you can do is ask. Remember, my late was inaccurate and it still took me a couple years to get it removed. Persistence was my only ally.
New Contributor
FICOnater2007

Thanks for your help.

Have a good one!

FICOnater2007

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+