Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tuscani....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tuscani....

When myfico locks you out, due to a fraud alert, do you have to call them to gain access again or will that clear up automatically once the fraud alert is lifted from the CRA's?  I had disputed a couple things in my report, and as a result they put a FA on my reports (all of them!), so I have sent off the required paperwork to remove it.  Don't want to call anyone else and wait forever like I've already done thus far. 

Will the lockout be removed once EQ removes the FA?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
ah32
Frequent Contributor

Re: Tuscani....

I'm not Tuscani, but... I had a fraud alert that was supposed to expire in July, but it didn't.  I called myfico in July to remove the hold each time I wanted to purchase my report.  I was on hold FOREVER! If you really want your report, you may want to call because your fraud report might not expire when it's supposed to.
Message 2 of 5
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

I believe MyFICO customer care can remove the lockout, but you still have to work with the CRAs to get the FA removed.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

But do I have to call myfico?  I'm hoping the lockout will be removed automatically once the CRA's remove the FA.  I've already called EQ and they said it would be removed (give it a few days) and I've sent in the required paperwork to EX and TU.

I sooooo do not want to call again and wait.....
Message 4 of 5
ah32
Frequent Contributor

Read my previous opinion.  Yes, you must call.  Call the credit bureaus and then call myfico to get your report.  If you don't remove the fraud alert, you will need to continue to call, unless it's removed automatically.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.