Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two CA reporting same debt, different DOLA

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Two CA reporting same debt, different DOLA

I have 2 different CA reporting the same debt. One list it under the "account" section of my CR and the other under the "collections" section. They each have the same information except for DOLA. The first CA says DOLA is April 01, 2003. The other states DOLA was April 2002.

Shouldn't this date be the same for both, as I have made no payments or taken any action on it?

Thanks
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Two CA reporting same debt, different DOLA

I suggest you send a DV to each place and then dispute each with the CRAs stating not mine.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Remember that if not past SOL  one of them might sue.  What is your SOL?

Message Edited by HappyDays on 09-08-2007 01:29 PM
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

bamf70-  you said "I suggest you send a DV to each place and then dispute each with the CRAs stating not mine."

Why would I dispute as mine, when in fact the account is mine and would like to offer a PFD but do not want to pay both CA.

I was thinking to send a PFD to the most recent and if they accept, do it and then DV the other?

Happy- it is well within SOL. I don't mind getting it paid, now that I am able. Just didn't want to pay both or get one to do a PFD and then the other still be reporting. Would defeat the purpose of the PFD.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dispute both CA  showing as not mine and DV both at the same time....DV CMRRR
Only 1 CA may report.  I would DV the 2 that are showing before PFD.  Only PFD the CA that you know holds it.  You do not know who really holds the account without DV... Otherwise you migh pay 1 and the other remains on CR  and will also want payment & keep reporting.

Never pay a CA unless you know for sure that they have legal right for payment. CA are known to sell their accounts.  Some CA are also known to report & do not hold the debt

Message Edited by HappyDays on 09-09-2007 02:02 PM
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you, I understand now. I will DV both, the one who verifies, I'll pay the other will stop reporting because they can not verify.

If neither can verify, then I don't pay either.

Thanks.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.