Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two Different Reports from Equifax?

tag
NumberCrazy
Established Member

Two Different Reports from Equifax?

Why is my Equifax personal Solutions credit report so different from MyFico Equifax.   I understand why the scores are different, but why is the information.  I  have an account that was removed by Equifax Personal Solutions, but still shows up on the MyFico Equifax.  This seems like the companies keep different records and various information on reports given.  I understand the models for the scores, but a REPORT that is still incorrect after it has had the information removed from the SAME provider? I looked briefly, but could not find a search that shows this discrepancy. I will look closer, but I have seen information on some reports having greater detail than others that are generic, or not giving the detail another does, but having the area the others have.  I think this is rotten as all the other "Non-Truth in Lending Tactics" of nondisclosure and misinformation. What a pain.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
NumberCrazy
Established Member

Re: Two Different Reports from Equifax?

The information deleted has been gone since at least July from the Equifax Site. Really not a very honest practice.....

Message 2 of 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

I need help following....

You purchased two reports: one from Equifax.com and another from myFICO, right? Which product did you get from Equifax.com? I ask because the "Equifax Personal Solutions" is an ubiquitous term that encompasses all of their products, I believe.

Did you purchase both on the same day? None of myFICO's products update after pruchase and only 3 of EQ's products are update-able. Most aren't.

If not pulled the same day, your CR changes all the time and it isn't uncommon to see a debt re-appear after months/years. This is especially true if a CA whereby the first CA will sell the debt and delete, but will sell it to a new CA who will often report right away.

If both reports are purchased the same day, know that myFICO gets their info directly from the CRAs. Anything that shows on EQ's website should show in myFICO's reports. On rare cases, and this is especially true with EQ, you can wind up with a split file. The report is so big that their computers mistakenly split up your report into two different files using your SSN and name. As a result, you can pull both reports within a minute of each other and get a different report. Don't assume this is the case though, narrow everything else out first.

Message 3 of 5
NumberCrazy
Established Member

My Equifax membership is the report 3 in one report, but I have this actual report from the unlimited reports I can draw upon at any time. I update them anywhere from every month to monitor or every other month, but this one was the same day as MyFico.  The error in reporting has not shown on my Equifax updated reports since last June or July. ( I referenced the date I researched in my earlier posting). So the strange thing is the MyFico having it show up. It is almost like they have different files and summarys wherever I purchase them.  In the past I have seen reports with more detail too, but not with either of these products. I will call them Monday to see what they say.  This is still distrurbing to think I can have it show up on one Equifax and not another. It is bad enough I have to keep up with three agencies and now one can report in various versions too.

Message 4 of 5
NumberCrazy
Established Member

Oh and by the way I have seen debts appear years later.  I had an account that appeared about 10 years later due to the card holder updated computer system.  It spit out old files and whty were quick to remove it at least.  Thanks goodness that was not a hassle.  The latest was with a student loan.  It took me a whole year to get them to remove a duplicate.  They were reporting one loan as two and it looked like I had double the debt and a utilizing 90% of 2 installment loans.  This monster was created because I asked the CA to update the account since they were not updating the paid down balance.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.