Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two EQ Reports - Diff Info?

tag
kjm79
Valued Contributor

Two EQ Reports - Diff Info?

Question.  I have my EQ report from myFICO and also pulled from truecredit.com.  EQ report shows no derogatory accounts.  Truecredit shows 1.  I have an EX report from truecredit that shows 1 derogatory and I have an EX report directly from EX's site with NO derogatory.  All pulled the same day.  Anyone have any idea how the info from the same CRA can be different depending on where you pull the report?   TIA. 

CH 7 Filed 7/27/15 Discharged 11/16/15
Starting Score: EQ 620 TU 568 EX 593
Current Score (07/13/16): EQ 674 TU 649 EX 674 (FICO's 08)
Cap1 QS ($5350) (Combined QS and QS1) Discover It ($4100) MilStar ($8,600) Fingerhut ($800)
Off to the garden 05/01/16
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
cdtotten
Established Contributor

Re: Two EQ Reports - Diff Info?

Are you absolutely sure you are comparing apples to apples? Are they both Equifax reports (not experian)? There cannot be any difference at all between your 2 equifax reports, if pulled on the same day unless something just magically happened to report between the time you pulled each. Neither myFico or TC hold information on your report; when you pay them, they send the request to the CRA, who sends it to them to show you. It will make absolutely no difference where the report is purchased from.

I do remember that on TrueCredit they have that "monitoring box" that says something like "1 delinquent account found" as an advertisement trying to get you to purchase their monitoring. Were you looking at this, or the actual report? Find the trade line on your report on TC that is actually reporting as delinquent and compare to myFico.

I

Starting Score: 627 EQ, 621 TU - 11/15/08
Current Score: 778 EQ, 781 TU, 778 EXP 07/20/12 Lender Pull
Goal Score: 800 EQ & TU

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 8
kjm79
Valued Contributor

Absolutely positive.  Paid for the reports from both myFico and TrueCredit.  Both EQ both pulled on 3/9/11.  That's why I was questioning the difference.  Different scores, ok, I understand that.  Didn't care about the difference there.  Same reports different info.  I've highlighted the tradeline in the truecredit report that is not in the myFico report.  Definitely apples to apples. 

CH 7 Filed 7/27/15 Discharged 11/16/15
Starting Score: EQ 620 TU 568 EX 593
Current Score (07/13/16): EQ 674 TU 649 EX 674 (FICO's 08)
Cap1 QS ($5350) (Combined QS and QS1) Discover It ($4100) MilStar ($8,600) Fingerhut ($800)
Off to the garden 05/01/16
Message 3 of 8
guiness56
Epic Contributor

The only place to get a truly accurate report is directly from each CRA.  They will contain more information.

3 in 1 reports from places like Truecredit.com and 3rd party reports are not usually as accurate.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have credit monitoring with True Credit, which is by "Trans Union".  They are showing a credit score for all 3 credit reporting companies as "990".  I then was refused on a credit card based on data by "Experian " and they showed my credit score to be "790".......How can TU show a score of "990" with Experian and I get a letter that says Experian knows "790".  I called my truecredit.com customer service, they are telling me that based on the "DATA" they received from the other companies they create a score for me IN THE OTHER COMPANIES NAME?   And the other companies are doing the same thing.  In other words Trans Union will know your Equifax number as 790, Experian can know your Equifax score as 700, lastly Equifax can know your Equifax score as 900.  Now times this by 3 and you have "9" diff scores.  Depending on who you sign up with your 3 scores are not the same (See example below).

True Credit (Trans Union)--VERSION

TRANS UNION SCORE 990

EQUIFAX SCORE 750

EXPERIAN SCORE 790 

EQUIFAX --VERSION

TRANS UNION SCORE 735

EQUIFAX SCORE 840

EXPERIAN SCORE 740

EXPERIAN--VERSION

TRANS UNION SCORE 990

EQUIFAX SCORE 750

EXPERIAN SCORE 790 

I always thought there was just one score for Trans Union, one for Equifax and one for Experian, not each credit reporting agency creating their own number in the name of the other companies, based on the info it received.  Can someone clear this up, before I close my account at True Credit.  Note this was told to me by a Supervisor in their customer service dept. today.

Message 5 of 8
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

They're giving you FAKO scores, not FICO's.

FAKO's (there are multiple versions) are credit scores generated by entities other than FICO --the credit bureaus, monitoring services --and their scores are generated by a different scoring formula, and are often on different score ranges.

Credit monitoring services can be very useful for monitoring your credit reports. They are worse than useless IMO for monitoring changes in your scores.

I say "worse than useless" because not only do they not tell you what's happening with your FICO scores, they also cause confusion among consumers, as has happened with you.

Welcome to the forums, by the way!

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 6 of 8
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

To add a little bit more to the discussion TrueCredit now sells "VantageScores" which not only are based on different scoring formulas than FICO's but also different score ranges.

VS ranges from 501-990 whereas FICO ranges from 300-850. That's one reason for the big disparity in scores.

Edited cuz' I kent typ rite!!!

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 7 of 8
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I have credit monitoring with True Credit, which is by "Trans Union".  They are showing a credit score for all 3 credit reporting companies as "990".  I then was refused on a credit card based on data by "Experian " and they showed my credit score to be "790".......How can TU show a score of "990" with Experian and I get a letter that says Experian knows "790".  I called my truecredit.com customer service, they are telling me that based on the "DATA" they received from the other companies they create a score for me IN THE OTHER COMPANIES NAME?   And the other companies are doing the same thing.  In other words Trans Union will know your Equifax number as 790, Experian can know your Equifax score as 700, lastly Equifax can know your Equifax score as 900.  Now times this by 3 and you have "9" diff scores.  Depending on who you sign up with your 3 scores are not the same (See example below).

True Credit (Trans Union)--VERSION

TRANS UNION SCORE 990

EQUIFAX SCORE 750

EXPERIAN SCORE 790 

EQUIFAX --VERSION

TRANS UNION SCORE 735

EQUIFAX SCORE 840

EXPERIAN SCORE 740

EXPERIAN--VERSION

TRANS UNION SCORE 990

EQUIFAX SCORE 750

EXPERIAN SCORE 790 

I always thought there was just one score for Trans Union, one for Equifax and one for Experian, not each credit reporting agency creating their own number in the name of the other companies, based on the info it received.  Can someone clear this up, before I close my account at True Credit.  Note this was told to me by a Supervisor in their customer service dept. today.

Hi SGBOWL and welcome to the forums.

I removed your second post in this thread because it is identical to this one. No need to double post. I'm sure someone will be along soon to answer your questions.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.