Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two Inquiries

tag
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Two Inquiries

from CharterOne on DH account.  We have NOT applied for credit with CharterOne.  I DID add him to our new checking account at that time.  Why would TWO inquiries show up?  That's the only inquiries on his report at all.

TNX!
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Two Inquiries

was the checking account with charterone?  I would definately call them and ask for a removal - at least one should be able to come off.
Message 2 of 3
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

Re: Two Inquiries

Two inquiries on one report only because someone had fat fingers at the processing department.

The disclosure for Citizen's Bank does advise of an EQ INQ.  Unfortunately there is no regulation that says they must do a soft INQ.  Personally I don't get it... a hard INQ is an app for credit, but if one isn't requesting an a line of credit one should not be done.  I think banks give you the disclaimer and pull the hard INQ so that they can offer you additional credit along with your checking account personally.  And if they do give a disclosure, they've covered their arses on that.  On the other hand a soft INQ is usually for a account review... and he didn't have an account to review.  There doesn't seem to be any sort of regulation on it and I really wish there was.  The Patriot Act doesn't say that a hard INQ must be done. 

If he calls EQ and tells them he did not apply for credit with the company, they should delete both.  But if there was any TL with the checking account, like a line of credit, he's going to lose that on the reports.  Or he could ask EQ just delete the dup (always have the most recent one deleted if there is a date discrepancy) and he can deal with the bank on the other.  I doubt highly they would recode the remaining one, but that is also an option to consider asking them.

I think if it were me though I'd probably start with the address noted with the INQ and ask them to remove 1 and recode the other. 
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.