Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two Old Providian Accounts Deleted!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Two Old Providian Accounts Deleted!

When I found this forum, I spent about two weeks just reading and reading, trying to gain all the knowledge I could about getting myself in better shape with my credit.  I had some old accounts on my credit report, which included two old Providian accounts that were included in my bankruptcy.  I found out that WAMU had the accounts now when I tried to get a new WAMU card and they turned me down because of the Providian accounts.

One account was listed on my Tranunion credit report and one was listed on my Experian credit report.  So I decided to ask both CRA's to either list them as being in my bankruptcy or to delete them from my account.  To me, anything would be better than what was there, and if I was going to ask, I figured I might as well as for them to be deleted, an an option.

BOTH were deleted!  I am sooooooo happy this morning.  One took about two weeks to go and another took about five days!   These are my first results from the information I got from this board and I really want to thank everyone who answered my questions and helped me get started.  I still have a long way to go with paying down my cards and getting some other things removed, but this is a great start for me!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Two Old Providian Accounts Deleted!

Smiley Very Happy  Very good news first thing in the morning!!!  YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you "ask" via regular dispute process, by letter, or other...?
I too have Providian showing incorrectly, and want it to go away...
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I asked by regular dispute with the two credit reporting agencies. 

I honestly thought I'd have to let them just sit and expire off the reports.  Since WAMU wasn't reporting to all three CRA's I didn't want to write to WAMU to alert them to it, so they could report both accounts to all three credit reporting agencies.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.