Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two Questions.

tag
hautemama
Regular Contributor

Two Questions.

Hello everyone.  I have two questions.  First, does anyone know which credit bureau Bank of America pulls from?

Second, if shopping for a mortgage and/or car loan and the inquiries appear on your credit report, how would you know if this counted as one inquiry or not?  I have read on this forum that if made within 14 days, should count as only one.

Thanks.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
positronicshell
New Contributor

Re: Two Questions.

hello haute,

for credit card products BofA hard pulled equifax for us.
for mortgage products they hard pulled all three.

now this question is a good one + i have never found an answer in the forums.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=ficoscoring&message.id=12691#M12691

i recently asked it in this thread addressed to creditbob because he suggested to someone that pulling their scores from myfico was the only was to know for sure.
but i never got an answer as to how you know it is being counted as one.

i am assuming it is part of the FICO algorithm that it calculates mortgage or auto inquiries within 14 day period as 1?

can anyone chime in on this?

xoxox jane
hey, careful man! there's a beverage here!
My FICO: TU - 725 EX - 736 EQ - 747
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Two Questions.

I know on Mortgage INQ's they should be marked in the comments and FICO knows how to de-duplicate these for scoring.

Example-

LANDSAFECREDIT
Address:
1515 WALNUT GROVE AVE
ROSEMEAD CA 91770
No phone number available

Date of Request:
08/15/2006

Comments:
Real estate loan on behalf of H R BLOCK BURLINGTON. This inquiry is scheduled to continue on record until Sep 2008.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.