Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two Questions

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Two Questions

First of all, this is a great forum and I have learned a great deal in a short time.  Hopefully I will be able to return the favor some time as I see MY Fico score becoming a postive obsession.  Two questions:

1.  I recently paid down an AMEX card from about 8,000 to about 2500 and that occured in early March around the 3rd.  I just saw an updated credit report and AMEX reported on the 19th the previous statement balance which doesn't make a lot of sense as the statement balance was generated around 02/20.  I have never seen this happen with anothe company and am wondering if I should contact AMEX and ask them to report again?

2.  I also just completely paid off a Bank of America personal finance account termed as "Line of Credit on TU and EQ, and "Line of Credit - Check access" on Experian.  The limit on the account is 10,000 and could help my FICO score but I have also read that it can harm as lenders see it as a negative.  Does  anyone have advice on whether I should keep it as a 0 balance account or close and the potential ramifcations of either?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Two Questions

1 amex always reports a month or two behind, normal for them.

2 do you have any idea how many would kill to have a 10k loc w/boa? absolutely keep it. it would likely hurt you overall uti (unless 10k or up tl's are the norm for you).
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.