Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two questions.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Two questions.

I have credit scores of Ex-648, Tu-642, and Eq-582. Now, all three credit reports are the same exept that Ex and Tu have a public record of a garnishment judgment. They are the two higher scores but have more derogatory information. Why? Next. Can I expect to be turned down for a credit card with those scores? And I mean a regular card like American Express or Discover.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
tbenz6876
New Contributor

Re: Two questions.

There are some banks listed in teh forum that shows some creditors they should approve you, but you can get some sub-prime credit cards through

First Premier
Orchard Bank
Applied Card Bank
Total Visa
Continental Finance
New Millineum Bank

Some of these cards will require you send them money before they will open the account while the other ones will give you a card that is loaded with fees that you will have to pay off befre you can use the card. I have had all these cards and they helped me when I was trying to restore my credit.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Try to stay away from all of these, with the possible exception of Orchard Bank.  Do not pay more than $39 a month for the annual fee........The others have far too many fees and give too low CL's.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I have credit scores of Ex-648, Tu-642, and Eq-582. Now, all three credit reports are the same exept that Ex and Tu have a public record of a garnishment judgment. They are the two higher scores but have more derogatory information. Why? Next. Can I expect to be turned down for a credit card with those scores? And I mean a regular card like American Express or Discover.

Sadly yes. Smiley Sad

I'm convinced that both Discover and Amex doesn't look at anyone favourably with scores less than 680 or so. Stay away from them until you get your scores up is my suggestion.

You might should want to perhaps consider Capital One as a good alternative.

I suggest staying away from Applied Bank, First Premier, maybe Orchard. They are considered(by me at least) predatory lenders, unless you've exhausted all other alternatives.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I too would suggest Cap1 - they have cards for every level of credit. They NOW report limits and they report your statement balance (not the balance as of the last business day of the month as anything HSBC does)  Much easier to control 'reporting' util that way.  They also let you make as many payments as you want to (HSBC products  is 2 per month for me) but only 1 scheduled at any time.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah. Im with Sylviatob. I don't want to apply unless I know I'm going to get it. I only want one maybe two cards. And I want a good one. So I will just wait till my scores come up a tad more. I started out with scores in the low 500's just over a year ago. I think I'm doing pretty good. I can wait a bit longer. Thank you all for your advise.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.