Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UNIFUND - DV/GW? NEED HELP FAST!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

UNIFUND - DV/GW? NEED HELP FAST!

Has anyone had success with getting a Unifund account removed from credit? I keep getting alerts of a NEW UNIFUND account?? At least every 2 wks this happens and Equifax is the worst about how it is reporting?

Facts:
------
*I had an OLD providian / washington mutual card opened in 2000.
*First deliquency was 5/2003. Acct closed 10/2003.
*Unifund picked it up who knows when? Showing as an open, installment account on all 3 bureaus!
*A judgement is on file for same account.

So on my credit for one debt I have:
-----------------------------------
1. Unifund account
Shows owed $3000+ - shows as an installment, collection account? They show I was past due 120 days at one point and I never made them a payment! They are reporting they owned the account as of Jan 2001, yet Providian shows it not closed until 10/03?? How on earth can this be?

2. Wash Mutual/Providian
Shows 120 days late in May, 2007. Yet account is also reporting by Unifund during same time period.

3. Judgement (only showing on Equifax, thank goodness!)

So...what do I do? This does not seem to be accurate? How can they report as an installment? And how can 2 accounts be reporting at the same time for one debt???

I am speaking with a nice person at Unifund. She is asking for copies of the credit reports, which I am going to fax over asap. She said if it is reported in error or twice they will delete. Yesterday when I talked to her she also mentioned deleting the unifund acct if I paid $1400. Yet, today she said they might only update it. Is it worth paying it since every month it is showing new (and usually I get an alert 2-3 times a month ..ugghh)

We are trying to close on a mortgage within the next 30 days and might have to use my credit (hoping not) but I want to get the score as high as I can and cleaned up the best I can.

Do you think if I pay the debt at $1400 it will help my credit if they only update it paid? What about if they delete it and update the judgement paid, then that should help, right?

Any advice on a letter to them?

I am looking into the statue of limitations in Florida. I thought they were 4 yrs for credit cards? So, if this is the case then is it based on when the acct was closed?

Thanks so much! Want to get this over to them ASAP (TODAY)!

Message Edited by someday22 on 03-21-2008 12:45 PM

Message Edited by someday22 on 03-21-2008 12:54 PM

Message Edited by someday22 on 03-21-2008 08:54 PM
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: UNIFUND FRAUD - DV/GW? NEED HELP FAST!

NEVER send a CA ANYTHING!!!!!!!   They are trying to get paid from a judgment????????

Who filed the judgment?

the alerts might be just that they are updating trying to get to you.

This is new to me....Im not sure if a CA can report anything that has to due with a judgment   some one else will need to answer that part.....I will check with someothers    if I get an answer I will get back to you!

SOL is 4 years  from DOFD  unless you made payments (DOLA)     Are you sure that a judgment was filed  if so when and where?

Message Edited by HappyDays on 03-21-2008 03:29 PM

Message Edited by HappyDays on 03-21-2008 03:31 PM
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: UNIFUND FRAUD - DV/GW? NEED HELP FAST!

Yes, I am confident judgement was filed. I have paperwork. I am really hoping I can get Unifund off of my credit somehow! I sent a letter tonight to the nice girl I spoke to. I included copies of my credit report showing how messed up it is. I got ANOTHER "NEW ACCOUNT" alert from TC tonight for Equifax? How can they do this? It is NOT a new account!

Message Edited by someday22 on 03-26-2008 03:58 PM
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.