cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[UPDATE] New Collection and it's not mine, what do I do first?

tag
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: New Collection and it's not mine, what do I do first?

I agree, send  DV, but I dont agree to wait for a reply.

DV letters are a paper tiger, and dont compel any response, or address the credit reporting issues.

DV letters, at best, only compel the cessattion of further active collection activities until, and should, they decide to respond,

Send the DV, but also take  other available actions relating to the accuracy of information reported to a CRA.

Message 11 of 17
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

@RobertEG wrote:

I agree, send  DV, but I dont agree to wait for a reply.

DV letters are a paper tiger, and dont compel any response, or address the credit reporting issues.

DV letters, at best, only compel the cessattion of further active collection activities until, and should, they decide to respond,

Send the DV, but also take  other available actions relating to the accuracy of information reported to a CRA.

RobertEG, I didnt mean wait and do nothing.When you send something then you wait for a reply.Didnt mean for it to come across that way.

It's hard to type what you mean to say especially in this forum of communication, it's like passing notes back and forth in high school...sometimes the translation gets confusing.LOL

OP, Keep a positive outlook on things, you still have the CRA's investigating your "not mine" dispute.

Keep us informed when you get your results from the CRA's.  Smiley Wink

ETA: there's another thread going on that may answer some of your question,thought you would like to know.Here's the link

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/Transunion-Response-to-Verified/td-p/747156

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 12 of 17
Kiwill
Frequent Contributor

I will definitely keep everyone posted here.  I've spend the last 2 hours reading hundreds of complaints about fraudulent reporting from NCS CA.  I think I will do the DV just to start the paper trail process but I don't expect any luck with this agency.  I have a feeling this will go to court, I refuse to pay for debt I don't own. 

Starting Score: EQ 729, TU 752, EX ? (1/1/2011)
Current Score: EQ 696, TU 718, EX 686 - PSECU (5/17/2011)
Goal Score: ALL 800+ by December 31, 2011

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
PROUD MEMBER OF THE 700 CLUB!
Message 13 of 17
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I understand, Lightning.!  It is not an easy issue to deal with in response to any one prior post.

I just feel that too many people, in my opinion, think that the DV process has real teeth to compel CA action.

The DV process, to me, might be recommended, should be a frst action to take, and cant hurt, but is not a process that compels CA response, or adddresses the real, underlying, credit reporting issues.

This is not a smple process.  DV is not a simple answer.  In fact, reliance on DV response can sometimes hurt more than it helps.

Message 14 of 17
Kiwill
Frequent Contributor

As I mentioned in my OP, I have two last derogs reporting on all three CRB's and this new collection which is not mine right.  Well, less than 24hrs later after my on-line dispute, Transunion completed my investigation and DELETED all the baddies and some inquiries too!!!!!!!!  Both CO's are gone(same company) and the NCS is gone!!!  They must be on to this fraudulent CA as I doubt if they even sent the request to them, I believe it was just deleted!   My TU fico score went from 628 to 709, an 81pt increase!!!!!  I'M FINALLY IN THE 700 CLUB!!!  As you can see i'm soo excited i can't think straight, it's been a long road and now I can focus on making it to the 800 club, I have to be patient and payoff my revolving debt which is very high. 

Message 15 of 17
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Congrats on the Delete!! Way to go!!

Thank you for your post, That way others can see how much, a new collection can hurt a credit score.

For example your was by 81pts on your TU CR. But more important....you increased your CS with a little hard work.Smiley Wink

Let us know, if it gets deleted from your EX CR too.

Glad to hear you're soo excited, I'm sooo excited for you too.Smiley Tongue

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 16 of 17
Kiwill
Frequent Contributor

Thanks Lightnin!  The 81pts increase was a combination of (2) 7yr old Charge Offs and the new Collection being deleted.  I will report back when I hear back from EX.

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.