Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank now offering EX scores to internet banking customers

tag
valley_man0505
Established Contributor

US Bank now offering EX scores to internet banking customers

I just received the following email:

Credit Scores are Now Available for U.S. Bank Internet Banking Customers.

U.S. Bank Credit Card Internet Banking customers can now obtain their Experian® Credit Score — at absolutely no cost.

Knowing your credit score can help you:

• Gain a greater understanding of your financial health
  • Learn how your score works by finding out what factors impact your score
  • Implement goals to improve or maintain your score

Once you've enrolled, you may view your updated score any time.

It appears that you have to have a US Bank credit card in order to have access to this.  I just tried it out, and the link takes you to a special Experian webpage where you have to enter your information.  Of course, you don't get your report (you can buy it for $4.99 I believe), but it does give your score, and it appears that it will track your score on a graph each time you log in to check it.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
kjm79
Valued Contributor

Re: US Bank now offering EX scores to internet banking customers

If it's taking you to an Experian web page, there's a good chance it's not your Experian FICO score.  It's more than likely the Plus score which is the default score you get on Experian's site.  Is there any fine pritn at the bottom of the page saying what kind of score it is? 

CH 7 Filed 7/27/15 Discharged 11/16/15
Starting Score: EQ 620 TU 568 EX 593
Current Score (07/13/16): EQ 674 TU 649 EX 674 (FICO's 08)
Cap1 QS ($5350) (Combined QS and QS1) Discover It ($4100) MilStar ($8,600) Fingerhut ($800)
Off to the garden 05/01/16
Message 2 of 5
SeandSki
Established Member

Can you post the link?  I have a US bank CC but didn't get that e-mail.   Experian charges a buck (and auto enrolls you in a credit monitoring plan).

Thanks!

Message 3 of 5
valley_man0505
Established Contributor

@kjm79 wrote:

If it's taking you to an Experian web page, there's a good chance it's not your Experian FICO score.  It's more than likely the Plus score which is the default score you get on Experian's site.  Is there any fine pritn at the bottom of the page saying what kind of score it is? 

Yes, I should have pointed that out.  It is not a true FICO--you can't even get your EX FICO anywhere anymore. It is something to monitor, though.

Message 4 of 5
kjm79
Valued Contributor

Thanks for the clarification!  So no one go apply for a US Bank card just to get your EX FICO! 

CH 7 Filed 7/27/15 Discharged 11/16/15
Starting Score: EQ 620 TU 568 EX 593
Current Score (07/13/16): EQ 674 TU 649 EX 674 (FICO's 08)
Cap1 QS ($5350) (Combined QS and QS1) Discover It ($4100) MilStar ($8,600) Fingerhut ($800)
Off to the garden 05/01/16
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.