Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA Credit Monitoring - August 2015 changes

tag
brightsprite
Valued Member

USAA Credit Monitoring - August 2015 changes

I've seen some conflicting information in threads on the changes with USAA's 3 bureau credit monitoring (likely because USAA wasn't being very clear about what services/costs were changing, just that you'd get "enhanced features"). So I just wanted to put my experience out there:

A few weeks ago, my account that gave me daily pulls from all three credit bureaus, along with adjusted FAKO scores for each. Then they pulled the site down for a few days as they changed their website and services. Now, on their website, they advertise 3 different programs, the most comprehensive of which is $12.95/month, with scores updated twice a month and reports from all three bureaus updated monthly, but with daily monitoring so you get notified when certain types of changes occur. I loved the daily pull of 3 bureaus, and was thinking this would disappear. I was automatically "downgraded" to the $12.95/month package, but noticed I had the option to upgrade to a $34.95/month product that got me daily pulls again. I realize it's expensive, but I didn't feel like other monitoring programs I looked at gave me quite as much information: I wanted 3 scores (albeit FAKO) that would update daily, along with being able to see my report from each bureau daily (obsessive much? yes). 

I'm not sure if the daily pulls program is a "grandfathered in" type of thing, since I had the daily pulls service previously, and I dont' see that option advertised on their regular website, but I just wanted to put it out there that it DOES exist,. I've been using the new system for about a week, and am happy with it. Hope this helps!

Scores: EX: 690 (FICO 8, 03/22/2016; EQ: 695 (FICO 8, 03/22/2016); TU: 715 (FICO 8, 03/22/2016)
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
ddemari
Super Contributor

Re: USAA Credit Monitoring - August 2015 changes

I have usaa credit monitoring also. I am dissapointed with the change in service. Maybe a month ago they emailed me saying, good news we are lowering the price of your monthly subscription. I wasnt able to use the site for about a week while they were doing whatever they needed to do. 

Now, I can not pull the 3 reports I used to daily. You can only do it a few times a month I believe. 

Message 2 of 8
Nocturnal
Contributor

The old site was perfect. If it ain't broke dont fix it. I am not sure who they consulted with as far as usability goes but they should be fired. The site sucks now. The way they list the accounts are default in alpha order. Prior to that they'd just show my active accounts vs. alpha order. Now all the older stuff that is closed is showing up at the top. There are only three ways to sort too, I think by balance, alpha and one more. I called in to cancel but they gave me 6 months at a heavily discounted rate. They also said the site re-design isn't done yet and give it some time as they're making tweeks to the site. I hope they just rever the entire site back to the way it was. It's very confusing now.

TU FICO 2/14: 701
Message 3 of 8
Wovenyarn
Regular Contributor

I tried twice to cancel over the phone and was on hold for over 45 minutes both times so I ended up hanging up.  I sent them an email requesting to cancel.  I didn't even want the save offer because I really don't like the new site for all of the reasons listed above.  Instead I went with CCT, called to cancel them and got their 50% off rate for 5 years.  I like their site better than the new USAA.

Freedom $3k, DCU $5k, BoA Rewards $1k, BoA Americard $2k, Barclay's Ring $3k, Cap 1 Plat $2k, QS1 $2k, Discover IT $500, Lowe's $10k

Scores: EQ 687, TU 709, EX 692
Message 4 of 8
Nocturnal
Contributor

I am hesitant to go with those guys. I really enjoy my daily pull of all three credit bureaus.

TU FICO 2/14: 701
Message 5 of 8
brightsprite
Valued Member

Agree that I liked USAA monitoring much better before the change. Another example of a company trying to fix something and making it worse. I miss the pie charts...

Scores: EX: 690 (FICO 8, 03/22/2016; EQ: 695 (FICO 8, 03/22/2016); TU: 715 (FICO 8, 03/22/2016)
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had the same deal with USAA.

I went to CCT, got the trial, cancelled thru automated system, got the half price for 5 years.

Both pruducts are from Experian.  After the 'new' USAA came up, I was seeing a huge amount of similarity with CCT.  Except mine was not very accurate and seemed very disorganized.  I liked the daily pulls also, but it is gone, unless I agree to pay 34 a month, and I am not.

I am now used to CCT and I really like getting Fico scores.  Not quite used to 3 pulls a month, but getting there.  I am spacing mine out for every 10 days, so far, no great need for an immediate unscheduled pull. 

You also get a daily report and score on EX with CCT.

I also use CK, credit dot com, and anything else I read about that's free.

Since I didnt like the new USAA product, I just kept calling to cancel.  I gave up about 4 times after 10 minutes on hold each time.  Then I realized, hey, I'm still subscribed, better cancel.  I called and put it on speaker phone and held on.  It was about 47 minutes and I cancelled.  The CSR guy seemed tired of hearing cancel and he didnt offer any retention.  I am thinking the long hold times are because everyone is cancelling, because of the lack of quality and value in the new one. 

hth

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Frustration! Like the history on when accounts were opened. The alpha listing is a pain. Yeah ... if it ain't broke don't fix it. Something that bothers me is the USAA website seems lost, muddled and much like a rudderless ship. What is their message? They seem to be reinventing themselves every few months. Also, how much advice can we take? My rant for the night!
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.