Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA SP EXP for insurance UW

tag
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

USAA SP EXP for insurance UW

I've been with USAA since 1991, and have my insurance with them. I also had a CC with them that was IIB in 2013. Well, later in 2013, my insurance had gone up, and I didn't know why because I had no accidents or tickets, and CS reps were clueless. I blew it off, and also I was more concerned with making sure my IIB accounts were all reporting correctly, and didn't bother looking at HP or SP on my reports. 

Well, now that I've rebuilt and I'm more in tune with my credit and reports, I got my EX report in the mail, going over it with a fine tooth comb, and under the SP section is "Lexis/Nexis" for USAA. Long story short, and a supervisor later, My rates went up due to my BK! They have been softing me everytime my policy renews. 

image.jpg

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
northface28
Established Contributor

Re: USAA SP EXP for insurance UW

Credit is a big factor in your rates. As it should be.

BK Discharged 9/11

Cap1 Quiksilver Visa Signature $41k| Discover IT $24k| Barclays Uber VISA $16.2k|BOA Cash Rewards $8.4k| BOA BBR $6k|AMEX Cash Magnet $12.8k|AMEX BCP $16.6k|Huntington Voice $5.5k|Citi Double Cash $5.7k| US Bank Cash+ $6.5k
Message 2 of 7
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

That sucks pizza =/.  

I don't buy the credit score = insurance risk argument; guess one of the benefits to living in Cali is insurers are barred by state law from making decisions based on a consumer's credit report.  Can't even make the pull.

        
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah ... the benefits of using credit to help assign your insurance rates. Every year my insurance companies SP my credit record as well as driving record and other sources?!
Message 4 of 7
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

You may want to review your LexisNexis and other secondary agency reports (SageStream, ARS, etc) as well.

Message 5 of 7
JagerBombs89
Established Contributor

@northface28 wrote:

Credit is a big factor in your rates. But it should not be.

There ya go, I fixed that statement for you.  If an insurance company is worried about bad credit, then they can just require you to pre-pay your first month and cancel it anytime you fail to pay afterwards. Just because I have the worst credit doesn't mean I couldn't be the best driver in the world, and vice versa.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@northface28 wrote:

Credit is a big factor in your rates. As it should be.

This is an understatement, it's a HUGE factor. I cut my rate almost in half when I switched to an insurance company that pulls TU, my clean file.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.