Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA hit me with 2...what should I do?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

USAA hit me with 2...what should I do?

I applied for a usaa credit card and my equifax credit report was frozen so I was denied.  I removed the freeze the next day and reapplied and they hit me with 2 inquires.  How can they do that?  I called them and they said they could not remove it because I gave them approval when I applied for the first card.  They said that once the freeze was lifted they had the right to pull my credit for that application.  I was approved for the second application but a second credit report was was pulled.  I submitted an online dispute to equifax and this was their response below.  What should be my next step? Thanks.

>>> We have reviewed the inquiry information. The results are: Inquiries are a factual record of file access. If

you believe this was unauthorized, please contact the creditor. If you have additional questions about this item please

contact: USAA FSB CC, 3773 Howard Hughes Pkwy, Las Vegas NV 89169−0949 Phone: (800) 531−8722

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: USAA hit me with 2...what should I do?

There is no legal proviso that says they can't pull twice if they want to, so the response from EQ is correct, and the response from USAA is correct. I suppose you could file a complaint with the CFPB, but USAA might decide you're not worth having as a customer.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

There is no legal proviso that says they can't pull twice if they want to, so the response from EQ is correct, and the response from USAA is correct. I suppose you could file a complaint with the CFPB, but USAA might decide you're not worth having as a customer.

Thanks CAPTOOL for the response.  Do you think it would help if I were to file a written despute with EQ where I can explain my side?  I wasn't able to that online.  Or should just eat the INQ and let it go?

Message 3 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I would suggest calling the creditor and politely requesting that they recode one of the inquiries as soft.

That is the same as a deletion for your purposes.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RobertEG wrote:

I would suggest calling the creditor and politely requesting that they recode one of the inquiries as soft.

That is the same as a deletion for your purposes.

I spoke with them and asked for a deletion.  I will call the back and ask for the recode...fingers crossed. Thanks.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.