Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ugh! What can I do?

tag
Saffyreblue
Valued Member

Ugh! What can I do?

Asset Acceptance LLC aquired a judgement against me. Never received anything from them. Thought my grandfather paid this account before he died. He was a co-signer. AA is NOT the original creditor, which I thought had been paid. Can i still DV them even though the judgement was already issued? I have a feeling they bought this account and it was not "assigned", which would mean the OC charged it off and it should be treated as an investment and unless it was assigned by the OC, my contract for payment would be to the OC, not the CA, correct?

Is the DV process too late once the judgement by default is issued? My thinking is the judgement would have to be vacated if I wasn't "legally" responsible for payment to them. I also want an entire history of the account all the way back to any collection agencies and the original creditor. IS IT TOO LATE?
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Ugh! What can I do?

your first step is to get a copy of the judgment papers and see exactly what happened. if you were not properly served then it may be very easy to get it taken care of.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.