Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Access Equifax Score or Report Since 6/2

tag
OnWayUpinTexas
Regular Contributor

Unable to Access Equifax Score or Report Since 6/2

Anyone having any recent difficulty accessing their Equifax report and/or score, or ever had a problem like this?

I subscribe to Amex Credit Secure (which I know is an Experian, not Equifax, product--but I'm getting to the Equifax problem below).  Ever since 6/2, everytime I request my (daily) new 3-bureau credit report, Amex CS sends me a message that if I request a new report on the same day as my last request, I will get the same information as I already received and to wait until tomorrow to make the request.  I've been getting this message since 6/2 (my last successful pull was on 6/1).  Problem is I'm only making one request per day.

I finally call Amex Credit Secure on 6/6 and say "what's the deal?"  The CSR--who I believed at the time didn't know what she was talking about--said there was a problem pulling my Equifax report and so Amex CS's system wouldn't deliver ANY of the reports (not TU or EX either) and that's why I was getting the message about "waiting until tomorrow."  She said to call Equifax.  Sounded screwy to me, so when I got off the phone I tried pulling my Equifax report here on myFICO and on Equifax's site--no go either place.  I put in a "technical ticket" two days ago with Equifax when I called to complain, and I just checked the status again and the CSR says it is still "pending" and to be patient for 7-10 more days.  So, for coming up on a 10 days now, I can only access my TU report (through myFICO) and none of the reports will generate via my monthly suscription to Amex Credit Secure.

I called myFICO today also and they said to call Equifax.

Anyone else having this trouble with Equifax?  How long should this be allowed to go on, given Equifax's obligation under the FACT Act to provide me with my credit report and score upon request?

Help???

P.S.  I forgot to add that the CSR the other day at Equifax (when he put in the "technical ticket" on my account) told me that their system was showing that MY CREDIT REPORT WASN'T SCOREABLE???  That sounds awfully worrisome ...  Again, this is a new phenomenon.  I've been able to get daily Amex CS 3-bureau reports and FAKO scores daily for months, and I've probably ordered 100 Equifax scores on this site and on Equifax's site in the past ...

Starting Score: 542 (in 2006)
Current Score: 661 (TU FICO), 677 (EQ FICO), 672 (EX FICO)
Goal Score: 750+
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
AndySoCal
Valued Contributor

Re: Unable to Access Equifax Score or Report Since 6/2

In order ot get a FICO score you must have an account open for six months and reported in the last six months and not in dispute. This criteria is unique to the FICO score. I preusme you have at least one account that meets this criteria. How long have you been pulling your credit report every day?

FICO Scores XPN v8 802 V2 831 (SDFCU) TUC 803 v8 EFX 807 (10/2023)
Discover 09/90 19,000, JCPenney 10/2008 4,700 US Bank Cash+ 12,000 Citibank Custom Cash 5/2015 11,100 C State Dept. FCU 15,000 06/2023 , 02/2024 Redstone FCU Signature VISA 10,000 Banking: Ally Bank Credit Unions: Lafayette FCU Quorum FCU State Department FCU State Department FCU Pelican State CU Redstone FCU

Message 2 of 11
OnWayUpinTexas
Regular Contributor

@AndySoCal wrote:

In order ot get a FICO score you must have an account open for six months and reported in the last six months and not in dispute. This criteria is unique to the FICO score. I preusme you have at least one account that meets this criteria. How long have you been pulling your credit report every day?

Andy, thanks for the response.

Yes.  I have something like 27 years of credit card history, so that is not the problem.  This is a very recent phenomenon.  I'm a religious credit-checker (part of my morning internet "routine" of account checking).  And, it is not unique to FiCO scores because (I didn't indicate this in the post) the Equifax CSR couldn't even get their system to let me order Equifax's FAKO scores.  (And, as I noted in the OP, I can't get Experian FAKO 3-bureau scores on Amex CS because--supposedly--the lack of Equifax information causes Amex CS to fail to return ANY scores/reports at all (TU or Experian or Equifax).  (Scores aside, I can't even order my REPORT from Equifax.)

Message 3 of 11
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

I'd call EQ back and try to work it out with them on the phone. Sounds like there's a fraud alert, or some sort of identity issue there. In the meanwhile, I'd also try to order via annualcreditreport and Equifax.com again directly (skip the scores...your goal is to gain access to EQ).

Message 4 of 11
OnWayUpinTexas
Regular Contributor

Thanks.  I'll try and report back.

Message 5 of 11
OnWayUpinTexas
Regular Contributor

@llecs wrote:

I'd call EQ back and try to work it out with them on the phone. Sounds like there's a fraud alert, or some sort of identity issue there. In the meanwhile, I'd also try to order via annualcreditreport and Equifax.com again directly (skip the scores...your goal is to gain access to EQ).

I tried on the Annual Credit Report site.  Thought it was going to go through, but then this is what I got:

Internet Delivery Unavailable - Mail in Request

We're sorry, for your protection we are unable to deliver your FACT Act Equifax Free Annual Credit Report on the internet. There are a number of reasons that we may be unable to fulfill your request online. You may have a Security Freeze on your credit file, an Active Duty Military or Fraud Alert, or the identification information submitted online may not match the information on file.

To request your Free Equifax Credit Report by mail, please fill out the attached form (PDF file), along with the documents described below, and mail them to: 

Annual Credit Report Request Service 
P.O. Box 105281 
Atlanta, GA 30348-5281 

Please include with the attached form a copy of one item in EACH of the categories below in order to enable us to verify your identification and address. The item you submit from the "Identity" category MUST contain your Social Security Number and the item you submit from the "Address" category MUST contain your current home mailing address. 

Identity 
Social Security card 
Pay stub with Social Security Number 
W2 form 

Address 
Driver's license 
Rental or lease agreement/house deed 
Pay stub with address 
Utility bill (gas, electric, water, cable, residential telephone bills) 

To ensure that your request is processed without delay, please enlarge photocopies of any items that contain small print (i.e. driver's license, W2 forms, etc). To avoid additional delays, keep in mind that if photocopies you submit are not legible or contain highlighting, we may ask that you resubmit your request with more legible documents. 

NOTE: If you have a Security Freeze on your file, you must include your 10 digit PIN along with the information requested above. 

Message 6 of 11
OnWayUpinTexas
Regular Contributor

If there's some fraud alert or security freeze on my report (that I DIDN'T place there), shouldn't they notify me of that?  Or, at a minimum, wouldn't one of the two Equifax CSRs that I've spoken with in the last two days be able to see that was the problem?

Message 7 of 11
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@OnWayUpinTexas wrote:

If there's some fraud alert or security freeze on my report (that I DIDN'T place there), shouldn't they notify me of that?  Or, at a minimum, wouldn't one of the two Equifax CSRs that I've spoken with in the last two days be able to see that was the problem?

EQ (or any CRA) doesn't have to notify you first, but they do have to place a notation on your CR (which you can't see anyway). The FA could have come from a number of sources like disputing an account or inquiries as "not mine", disputing multiples of transactions with a creditor, maybe having an AU or joint account holder to a credit item listed as "deceased", or maybe someone tried to apply for credit using your SSN, but under a different name, or maybe a CSR mis-keyed your info at app time.

Message 8 of 11
OnWayUpinTexas
Regular Contributor

Finally working again last night ... pulled my free report first -- success!  Then went back to Amex CS and was able to finally get my 3-bureau report again.  Just wanted to update you.  Thanks.

Message 9 of 11
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Cool. What changed?

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.