Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unanswer PFD

tag
2Bfree
Regular Contributor

Unanswer PFD

This is an acct that have been paid since 95.  Should I just send the PFD check anyway since the compay will not respone to my letter?
img src="https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/image/serverpage/i
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Unanswer PFD

Don't send anything, yet!

Did I read right you paid it in 1995? Wouldn't you have a $0 balance?

BTW, creditors don't have to respond to a PFD. I've sent about a dozen of them to three companies between DW and I and only one responded....they misread the letter and thought I was disputing it. I'll send more and more and more until beaten into submission.
Message 2 of 5
danikasmom
Regular Contributor

Check your SOL for your state.  What kind of account is it?
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

All baddies drop from CR in 7 years     all good TL stay 10 years.

If you have a TL that is closed    any lates would drop 7 years BUT the TL would remain 10 years showing a Bal.$0

If the account was closed for non payment and was then PIF    it would drop 7 - 7.5 years from DOFD

If you paid it in 1995   it is way past CRTP and should not be on your CR!!!!

Message Edited by HappyDays on 02-02-2008 01:03 PM
Message 4 of 5
2Bfree
Regular Contributor

The letter states if they cash the check than they have to delet the acct, so if they receive the check they may deposit it to their acct an then it will lead to the checking. Then I can try disputing and fighting the deletion.  Sorry date is incorrect its 2005, collection acct that was from a Utilities compay that was paid in 2005.  Collection company out of SC, and I live in Georgia. Have a letter from from Collection Manager to clear the acct but not honored.
img src="https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/image/serverpage/i
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.