Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unauth. Inq and I am ready to sue

tag
BigEarsMagoo
New Visitor

Re: Unauth. Inq and I am ready to sue

Before you threaten to sue(the bank knows you can't), be advised that my mother was fired for whistle blowing on upper management about some money that got "lost" into the CFO's other business. She has initiated a lawsuit and the parties were served last week. Up to this point, it has cost 18,000 out of pocket. The lawyer says that if the company does not settle that it will take approx 1.5 years and up to 200,000 to force the company to pay for lost wages etc... so think about it...lawyers don't work on a contingency basis unless they think that they are going to REALLY get paid. Sure, you may get attorney fees back, but do you have the 200,000 to begin with just sitting around not doing anything?
Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please read the FCRA before making this statement- this is apples and oranges-

@BigEarsMagoo wrote:
Before you threaten to sue(the bank knows you can't), be advised that my mother was fired for whistle blowing on upper management about some money that got "lost" into the CFO's other business. She has initiated a lawsuit and the parties were served last week. Up to this point, it has cost 18,000 out of pocket. The lawyer says that if the company does not settle that it will take approx 1.5 years and up to 200,000 to force the company to pay for lost wages etc... so think about it...lawyers don't work on a contingency basis unless they think that they are going to REALLY get paid. Sure, you may get attorney fees back, but do you have the 200,000 to begin with just sitting around not doing anything?

Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I encourage you to save your money, do nothing and move on.  Remember when you were at that dealership, do you recall if you signed anything giving them the right to pull your credit?  Well if you read the fine print you were also giving permission to anyone the dealership does business with.  Most dealerships shop your loan with banks to include Wells Fargo to get the best rate possible.  They in turn get a refund from the bank for the accepted interest rate by you.  If you are willling to accpet terms of 60 months at 9% and the bank offered 60 months at 7%, the dealership gets a check from the bank on the point spread.  Advise?  Shop your loan before entering the dealership!   
Message 13 of 18
jackg
Established Contributor

WOW
FICO scores on November 17, 2014 (prior to applying for and being approved my mortgage)

EX=738
EQ=735
TU=754

FICO scores on March 4, 2015 after being approved for mortgage and buying the home, the mortgage isn't yet reporting.
EX- 689 EQ- 739 TU- 739
Message 14 of 18
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

CaptainRon wrote:
I encourage you to save your money, do nothing and move on.  Remember when you were at that dealership, do you recall if you signed anything giving them the right to pull your credit?  Well if you read the fine print you were also giving permission to anyone the dealership does business with.  Most dealerships shop your loan with banks to include Wells Fargo to get the best rate possible.  They in turn get a refund from the bank for the accepted interest rate by you.  If you are willling to accpet terms of 60 months at 9% and the bank offered 60 months at 7%, the dealership gets a check from the bank on the point spread.  Advise?  Shop your loan before entering the dealership!   

But this was 5 months after the fact. 
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 15 of 18
MeganML84
Frequent Contributor

SmartCookie wrote:

CaptainRon wrote:

But this was 5 months after the fact. 

Exactly...

A little update on this...I filed complaints with the BBB and the FTC and received a letter back from Wells Fargo stating my report was pulled as a result of applications submitted at Carmax and **bleep** Smith Mitsubishi. (Never submitted an application at Carmax by the way...) I have not done anything since receiving this letter. I should probably write the WF rep back and fight it, but I almost just dont care anymore. It still infuriates me but I am sure there is some clause in the paperwork I signed at **bleep** Smith that they can pull my report for a certain amount of time.

I wont be making the mistake of financing through the dealership ever again.
Wisdom doesn't automatically come with old age. Nothing does - except wrinkles. It's true, some wines improve with age... but only if the grapes were good in the first place.
Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would go to Branch Manager and take the reasonable approach and give them 24 hours to respond.  Whomever said that had a good idea.
Message 17 of 18
MeganML84
Frequent Contributor

That was one of the first things I tried.

The "branch manager" referred me to a 1-800-number, which was actually a fax number to dispute stuff with Wells Fargo. I faxed a dispute of the inquiry--no response.

I am sure they are just such a large business they don't care about things like this, and I know my own personal boycott will never really affect them, however I have told pretty much everyone I know about this and working in the banking industry I will KEEP telling people about this. (One more reason my bank is better than the competition right? haha...oh boy...)
Wisdom doesn't automatically come with old age. Nothing does - except wrinkles. It's true, some wines improve with age... but only if the grapes were good in the first place.
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.