Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unauthorized Inquiry Help Please!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unauthorized Inquiry Help Please!

I want to start off by sayign that i wish this forum existed an year back when i bought my house. It woudl have saved me a lot of $$$

Anyways,

Funny story, well not so funny.

I leased an infiniti car in 2005, and the lease is up this year. I went into the dealership to inquire about possibly getting a new lease. My credit is not terrible, it is just not great. There were many wrong information on my credit report that i disputed and should be removed in 2 weeks.

So when i was at the infiniti dealership i did not want them to check my credit report since i have plenty of time to wait till the dispute is over.

so i told the sales rep, do not check my credit history. However he made me sign a paper sayign that he needs that signature to get me the loan.

Now they offered me a retarded deal and i walked away. Now i get home and the next day i get the alert that Infiniti did check my credit history ( hard inquiry ).

they have put 3 late payments on my history ( the only late payments i have on my record now. )

What is my best course of action?

should i contact a lawyer? i feel pretty violated that they did this behind my back.

But if they take out those negative marks i will leave them alone happily.

what do you guys think? Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Joe.

Message Edited by asdfasdfas on 03-25-2008 01:46 PM

Message Edited by asdfasdfas on 03-25-2008 01:56 PM

Message Edited by asdfasdfas on 03-25-2008 05:24 PM
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Unauthorized Inquiry Help Please!

Recording conversations in some states are illegal    check your state!!

He has your signiture to pull hard....I don't see anyway to get past it.
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

that sucks the least!

i would of course not buy anything from infiniti or that dealership but i cant believe they could get away with it.
Message 3 of 9
hdporter
Regular Contributor

You asked them to consider you for a new lease without consulting your credit. Speaking plainly, no firm will make even a tentative commitment for a new lease (much less offer any indication of likely terms) without pulling a credit report.

I understand that you verbally told the rep you didn't want a credit report pulled. However, if the form you signed consented to a report, then I don't think you have much ground on which to stand in filing a complaint.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

The reason why i said that was, i already got a letter from infiniti saying i was approved for lease up to 800 dollars without credit check...

i specifically told the sales guy not to check at least 5 times and said if they cant give me a lease just let me know.

He lied, he said he didnt check! and said he have to check to give a better deal. I am upset that they would lie and do something that they said they wont do.

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good luck with the Infiniti!

I found out how car dealerships lie firsthand as well. I bought my car as a GM certified preowned vehicle, with certified warranty. Well, the salesmen lied about it being certified, even though I had the window sticker stating it was. BBB referred me to the Attorney General, and I am working with GM to resolve a blown headgasket on an 06 Impala.
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

i was honestly shocked that they would just lie on my face! i guess i learned my lesson.
Message 7 of 9
hdporter
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
The reason why i said that was, i already got a letter from infiniti saying i was approved for lease up to 800 dollars without credit check...
i specifically told the sales guy not to check at least 5 times and said if they cant give me a lease just let me know.
He lied, he said he didnt check! and said he have to check to give a better deal. I am upset that they would lie and do something that they said they wont do.

I understand your frustration. I ran into a similar situation in test driving a car at a car dealership that tends to deal with sub-prime customers. They asked me to sign a form prior to the drive "for insurance purposes". I was mortified when notified of the credit pull. But, admittedly, I didn't read the form carefully and likely consented to it.

Suffice it to say that some dealerships think nothing of pulling a report.

Message 8 of 9
creditdream
Frequent Contributor

So is there any other options here . Can you sue them for that ? i am just wondering at the same time it's  really make me upset the way how they practice their business . Smiley Mad
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.