Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unauthorized Inquiry?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unauthorized Inquiry?

This time last year we started falling behind on our mortgage and they started foreclosure proceedings.  Pulled my CR this week and was surprised to see that another company had pulled a hard inquiry 4/07 that was apparently a "real esate loan on behalf of Countrywide".

Any suggestions on how I can get it deleted?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
sh9730
Regular Contributor

Re: Unauthorized Inquiry?

Why bother...it will have no negative FICO effect at 1 year old...so just wait it out a couple weeks...
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dan the question is do they have permitted purpose (PP) to pull a hard inquiry on you. That I do not know. Is Countrywide your mortgage holder, and have you explored any re-fi's lately on it?

I'm sure others will chime in with their thoughts.
Message 3 of 4
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
This time last year we started falling behind on our mortgage and they started foreclosure proceedings.  Pulled my CR this week and was surprised to see that another company had pulled a hard inquiry 4/07 that was apparently a "real esate loan on behalf of Countrywide".

Any suggestions on how I can get it deleted?

I would think that if it is a subsidiary of Cwide that they do have permissible purpose.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.