cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unauthorized hard pull by Blispay on Experian several months after opening account

tag
cinnamongirl
Contributor

Re: Unauthorized hard pull by Blispay on Experian several months after opening account

Thanks everyone for your input! I'm calling Blispay AND Experian tomorrow
Message 11 of 13
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

Re: Unauthorized hard pull by Blispay on Experian several months after opening account

Glad I got rid of this card a few months back... absolutely the WORST unknowleged CS I've ever dealt with, I had fraud on my card and they didn't even shut the card off and allowed more fraud charges even after I called, then they insisted I was liable, only agreed to remove the charges if we could come to the mutual agreement that we would close the card!!

Easy choice Smiley Wink
Message 12 of 13
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The issue is not whether they have permissible purpose, or that the inquiry was unauthorized.

The issue is simply one of coding.

A current creditor has permissible purpose to obtain the credit report of their customers. 

A party who requests a credit report must provide a statement of their permissible puprpose to the CRA.

The inquiry is then coded based on the stated permissible purpose.

Internal account reviews are, per CRA policy, provided a code that blocks the inquiry from being shown in credit reports they provide to others (i.e., it is coded as "soft").

The issue is simply improper coding of the inquiry if it appears in credit reports provided to others.

I would begin by contacting the CRA and requesting review of the coding.  Either the creditor provided an improper code or statement of permissible purpose, or else the CRA improperly entered the appropriate code.  I would not pursue as an unauthorized or improper inquiry, but as an incorrect administrative coding.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.