cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unauthorized hard pull from "Universal Credit Servi"?

tag
retoro
New Visitor

Unauthorized hard pull from "Universal Credit Servi"?

I have this alert on my credit report and it says I have a hard inquiry.

from "Universal Credit Services:

It pulled from all three credit agencies as well.

I was NOT looking for a loan or for a new credit card (haven't even inquired in the last year). And never heard of "Universal Credit Services"

Am calling them tomorrow to see why they pulled my credit report. What other steps should I take?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Unauthorized hard pull from "Universal Credit Servi"?

Did you get any other details regarding the pull type?

Contacting them is the right solution, after that though if it clearly wasn't you (sounds like a tri-merge mortgage pull which that company does offer) then go through the steps for identity theft / fraud... which is a hassle to be sure, so talk to them first.

        
Message 2 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

They appear to be a CRA rather than a creditor or business that is making pulls for purposes of credit or business transactions initiated by the consumer.

They also apppear to have information sharing agreements with the big-3 CRAs.

I dont know how that factors into showing of a inquiry by Universal Credit Services on reports issued by the other CRAs, but it is likely they are not based on permissible pupose based on a consumer initiated request for credit.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

UCS usually does credit checks for landlords. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.