cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Understanding Credit Reports

tag
play4ibanez

Understanding Credit Reports

First post, and I'm sure I'll be unintentionally either a.) asking a question that's been asked a thousand times or b.) violating some message board rule...in either case, I apologize ahead of time.  So, how does one understand all the various items on a credit report?  I'm sure some are negative and some are false negatives/positives.  Do I sound confused - cause I am! Smiley Happy Anyway I've signed up with an agency that consolidates all my collections stuff which they then pay off, but they don't really attempt to perform "credit repair" per se.  I was also recently denied a secured credit card which I didn't think was possible since I'm "securing' it with my own funds...If there's a kind hearted soul that would be willing to give some advice on understanding credit reports, etc to a noob (that would be me),  it would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
KellyP25721
Frequent Contributor

Re: Understanding Credit Reports

I would start here.  I know it helped me!

Starting Score: 573 (EX Faco) | Current Scores: EX(Fico) 674, EQ(Fico) 668, TU(Fico) 691
Message 2 of 3
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: Understanding Credit Reports

While the link above isn't specifically about credit reports it should give you an idea of positive versus negative.  IIRC at least one of the CRA's breaks down accounts as "in good standing", "negative", etc.  Negative info such as derogs (late payments, charge offs, etc) should be apparent.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.