cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

University has sued me; obtained a judgment!

tag
Booner72
Senior Contributor

Re: University has sued me; obtained a judgment!

Karma will get this poster what is coming to them.  That much I know.  It also pisses me off that my tax dollars are paying you money.  SSD but you can go through graduate school?  Get a job.

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 31 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you know (It sounds like you do) that if you go to jail for more than 30 days, or prison which is obviously more than 30 days, your SSD will stop?

I know you won't go to jail for this judgment issue, but you mentioned that you have hid from the police in the past.

You also know, that since the Government has your address to send your SSD checks, then you are one click away from being found and, therefore, served.

I have been screwed over lots of times, too.  But that doesn't mean I didn't pay the bills.  It sounds like you have a lot of criminal thinking errors, up to and including, entitlement issues.

Unfortunately, you are wrong. I no longer have active warrants and all criminal stuff has been long cleared up. Plus, the lawyer doesn't have my address. That is confidential, at least to non-governmental sources.

Message 32 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

Karma will get this poster what is coming to them.  That much I know.  It also pisses me off that my tax dollars are paying you money.  SSD but you can go through graduate school?  Get a job.

Yeah, right. BTW, the SSDI is for a legiyimate disability. I also get fod stamps, Medicare, and Medicaid. I enjoy taking "your" money.

Message 33 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

--and to add, you've violated the Terms of Service and User Guidelines by discussing (and bragging about) your unethical methods of escaping legitimate debt, methods that are apparently illegal as well per O6's comments.

Wrong. I have done but legal methods.

You had better watch, or you will no longer be a moderator.

Message 34 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, I have to say that I find this whole thread really distasteful.  You acknowledge that the original debt was yours:  the parking tickets were and you kept those library books.  By the way - that's theft!   Willfully keeping property that is not yours, that is criminal.

And then to seek advice on how to avoid the justice that was handed to you, after you've admitted your guilt here?  

A lot of people come to this forum seeking help from situations where they had some bad judgement, made bad spending choices, or life kicked them in the butt.  But by and large, they're looking for ways to clean up their act, fly the straight path and do things right as they move forward.  

You're asking for people here to help you cheat the law.  To hide your address and avoid being held accountable in court?  That's despicable.  

Pay the lousy $2500, take your lumps and grow a conscience.  Leave the boards here for decent folks trying to get out of financial trouble honorably.

Your post is nonsense and full of false assumptions. why should I pay a debt that was less than a $1,000 that is now $2,500 supposedly, plus court costs?? The lawyer has taken liberties and I will use all legal methods to avoid paying him, icluding hiding and/or BK.

I made bad judgments in the past. You don't know why I took the library books or how they were disposed. Don't make assumptions.

Message 35 of 47
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Yeah, I have to say that I find this whole thread really distasteful.  You acknowledge that the original debt was yours:  the parking tickets were and you kept those library books.  By the way - that's theft!   Willfully keeping property that is not yours, that is criminal.

And then to seek advice on how to avoid the justice that was handed to you, after you've admitted your guilt here?  

A lot of people come to this forum seeking help from situations where they had some bad judgement, made bad spending choices, or life kicked them in the butt.  But by and large, they're looking for ways to clean up their act, fly the straight path and do things right as they move forward.  

You're asking for people here to help you cheat the law.  To hide your address and avoid being held accountable in court?  That's despicable.  

Pay the lousy $2500, take your lumps and grow a conscience.  Leave the boards here for decent folks trying to get out of financial trouble honorably.

Your post is nonsense and full of false assumptions. why should I pay a debt that was less than a $1,000 that is now $2,500 supposedly, plus court costs?? The lawyer has taken liberties and I will use all legal methods to avoid paying him, icluding hiding and/or BK.

I made bad judgments in the past. You don't know why I took the library books or how they were disposed. Don't make assumptions.

Just so you know if you ever do get in front of the court on this, it isn't necessarily taking liberties to serve your landlord, especially if you were dodging service.  A process server shows up at your place a couple times, can't ever find you home, and while knocking on the door sees your landlord come by.  Maybe asks who he/she is, realizes its your landlord and hands over the papers.  There's no conspiracy to keep you in the dark about it.  Why your landlord didn't give them to you is anybody's guess, but it's not the lawyer's fault.

Is that the way it happened?  I have no idea.  But I would make sure you had done your investigation pretty well before you go in there accusing them of some type of underhandedness on the service side of things.  Even if you find out that the process server served the landlord in the driveway next door and the court agrees with you that there was no service "at your residence," that doesn't mean anything shady was done.  It could mean you had an uninformed process server (which is quite easy to have, the requirements are often not stringent, they have to be 18 or over and can't be the party).  Or, the guy could have been so exasperated by you dodging service that when he finally realized he had a way to serve you properly, he got too excited and botched it by not getting the landlord to walk the few extra yards over to your unit.  But if you're the one complicating things by hiding, I would be careful about saying they took liberties with service. 

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 36 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just so you know if you ever do get in front of the court on this, it isn't necessarily taking liberties to serve your landlord, especially if you were dodging service.  A process server shows up at your place a couple times, can't ever find you home, and while knocking on the door sees your landlord come by.  Maybe asks who he/she is, realizes its your landlord and hands over the papers.  There's no conspiracy to keep you in the dark about it.  Why your landlord didn't give them to you is anybody's guess, but it's not the lawyer's fault.

Is that the way it happened?  I have no idea.  But I would make sure you had done your investigation pretty well before you go in there accusing them of some type of underhandedness on the service side of things.  Even if you find out that the process server served the landlord in the driveway next door and the court agrees with you that there was no service "at your residence," that doesn't mean anything shady was done.  It could mean you had an uninformed process server (which is quite easy to have, the requirements are often not stringent, they have to be 18 or over and can't be the party).  Or, the guy could have been so exasperated by you dodging service that when he finally realized he had a way to serve you properly, he got too excited and botched it by not getting the landlord to walk the few extra yards over to your unit.  But if you're the one complicating things by hiding, I would be careful about saying they took liberties with service.

Thank you for your positive post Walt. I agree. Perhaps nothing shady was done. The lawyer probably didn't even talk to the process server. I will still hold the lawyer accountable though for the actions of his agent, the process server, if there was a violation of law. BTW, in PA, the process server must try 6 times to serve you. When that failed, the lawyer tried to serve me again, and usually it was a different server. I can tell since it is all spelled out in online records. The lawyer must be mad that he has paid a lot of fees with no recovery.

Message 37 of 47
GregB
Valued Contributor

Why do all the deadbeats come to California?

Message 38 of 47
Booner72
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Yeah, right. BTW, the SSDI is for a legiyimate disability. I also get fod stamps, Medicare, and Medicaid. I enjoy taking "your" money.

i didn't know you could get SSDI for being  illiterate.

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 39 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

i didn't know you could get SSDI for being  illiterate.

You only show your ignorance by making such comments. I'll have you know that I just suffered a right cerebellar stroke in April. My right hand is much slower and shakier now than my left, which makes it difficult to type. I also spill things if I carry them in my right hand. Plus there is no edit function on these forums. and I have better things to do with my time than look for every typo before posting.

Message 40 of 47
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.