Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unknown Charges at Amazon

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unknown Charges at Amazon

Hello all -- first time poster.

This morning I woke up to an order on my Amazon account, the order was for a $20 Playstation Store gift card.  The first thing I did was changed my Amazon password.  The thing that concerns me is that I don't recognize the method of payment they used.  It states Mastercard, with the expiration date and the last 4 digits.  I don't recall having any Mastercard accounts so I checked my 3 credit reports and also don't have any record of any Mastercard credit cards.  However, it lists my name and address as the billing address.

Amazon isn't able to help, they tell me all the information they have I already have.  They did cancel the order.

What else can I do??

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
jm1991
Regular Contributor

Re: Unknown Charges at Amazon

ummm maybe buy all 3 reports asap and check that no new accounts have been open? maybe somone living in the same house logged in and payed with their credit card without knowing they were on your account?

Marriott Premier SV: $8,500 Amex blue sky: $24,000 BoA BBR: $3,900 BoA Cash Rewards: $9,100 Ritz Carlton: $5,000 Discover: $5,000
MyFico Score:752
Message 2 of 5
BootStraps
Established Contributor

@jm1991 wrote:

ummm maybe buy all 3 reports asap and check that no new accounts have been open? maybe somone living in the same house logged in and payed with their credit card without knowing they were on your account?

I agree. Also if there are any teens in the house check to see if any of them has purchased a prepaid mastercard.

Starting Score: All Under 590 (8/2011)
Current Score: Ex: 676 Eq: 681 Tu: 683
Goal Score: Ex: 725 Eq: 725 Tu: 725

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Back in the Garden 4/22/16 Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any resolution in this case? I know someone that had this exact scenario. Unknown MasterCard added and an order of 20 dollars worth of playstation gift cards. Pretty weird for someone to add a card and use it on your account.
Message 4 of 5
mitchblue
Valued Contributor

If you can't figure out where it came from you could freeze your CR just to be safe.

FICO® 8 Scores 821 FICO® 9 Equifax 826 (Updated 02-7-23)
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.