cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unreal how this has happened and credit score plummeted 100 pts.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unreal how this has happened and credit score plummeted 100 pts.

AT&T Missouri has associated my SS# with a former, deceased customer. i have been getting calls at my house for 3 years for 'Floyd Clayton', most of them from Bay Area Credit Services. I have explained to them for years that I am not Floyd Clayton, but Frank Clayton. Hoever, they say that is my SS# and too bad. AT&T sent my social security number to collections, $86, as unpaid. BACredit sent notice to Equifax and credit dropped to 690.

After full documentation to Equifax, my request was still denied. AT&T admitted the error and I provided Equifax with all information in the dispute. I find it hard to beleive Equifax denied something so blatant, but they have. Floyd Clayton was an AT&T legacy customer and never missed a payment in 56 years. he was sent to collections after he passed away. I used to live in Missouri and that is the only way I can think of the SS# transfer mishap. I too have never missed a payment, nor have I been sent to collections. My requests are falling on deaf ears and now I cannot qualify at the rate I should have for a home refinance.

Any help would be deeply appreciated as this has never happened and i do not know the protocol to have it rectified.

thanks,

Frank 

Message Edited by dds120 on 07-05-2009 02:45 PM
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Unreal how this has happened and credit score plummeted 100 pts.

There's no one route to get  this fixed. Next time you get a written notice from a CA or since they are reporting now, send them a DV letter.

On the OC's side, ask for copies of the final bills showing that "you" defaulted. Info from those bills alone would show that you aren't a dead person. Also file complaints with the BBB against the CA and OC, your state's regulatory branch handling telecommunications, or even your AG, and to any other state or local agency handling consumer affairs. Also see if there is a federal branch, maybe the FCC, who can accept a complaint. Your goal is to make some much noise that the only option is to make you go away, and that involves deleting this baddie.

Also check the licensing requirements, if required, for the CA. check your state and theirs.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great stuff, this is the start that I needed.

Many thanks,

Message 3 of 6
AndySoCal
Valued Contributor

Does your Equifax credit report show in Social security number variations? Check the credit report for any social security vartiations or address variations. If there any that do not belong to you dispute them and try get them removed. I presume your name does match mr. clayton at all I would also check the other two bureaus for the same problem.

FICO Scores XPN v8 802 V2 831 (SDFCU) TUC 803 v8 EFX 807 (10/2023)
Discover 09/90 19,000, JCPenney 10/2008 4,700 US Bank Cash 12,000 Citibank Custom Cash 5/2015 11,100 State Dept. FCU 15,000 06/2023 , 02/2024 Redstone FCU Signature VISA 10,000 Banking: Ally Bank Credit Unions: Lafayette FCU Fortera FCU State Department FCU Pelican CU

Pelican State CU Redstone FCU

Message 4 of 6
Enmie

Hi, any update on what happened to your situation? I just found out my mom also  has the same "variation" problem :'(

Message 5 of 6
notfancy
Valued Contributor

@Enmie wrote:

Hi, any update on what happened to your situation? I just found out my mom also  has the same "variation" problem :'(

probably not, this thread is 5 years old

625 EQ FICO Current Score: 660 DCU EQ FICO/ 645 Scorewatch EQ FICO , EX FICO 664, TU FICO 737 (08/2014)
Goal Score: 700   Seedling again as of 07/29/14
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.