cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unsecured Personal Loan

tag
chewitt23

Unsecured Personal Loan

I'm looking to get an unsecured personal loan in the amount of about $8000. What kind of FICO score would I need to get approved for something like this. It needs to be unsecured to clear a current lein on my vehicle that I used to secure a previous loan. The company said they can release the lein if I'm approved for this unsecured loan for the remaining amount. My score right now is 710
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Unsecured Personal Loan

I'm also trying to get an unsecured personal loan. It's hard these days. I'm in the low 600 range and I'm looking for $5k. I've gotten turned down just about everywhere I've looked. I have 3 30 day lates in the last 12 months that's all that is hurting me.

anyone know of a good place to look?

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

BOA has the gold option line of credit, I would think with a 710 you might have a good chance of getting approved.  But in this credit climate who knows for sure.  Just have to apply and find out.  Good Luck Vicki
Message 3 of 10
chewitt23

Thanks, but I have the get the loan through my current lender which is citifinancial. This will be the only way to clear title besides paying the loan in full.

Message 4 of 10
Chad3304
Valued Member

it shouldn't have to be through citifinancial, with your scores you could go to a credit union and probally get an even lower interest rate and pay that loan off in full and that will release the lein.
Message 5 of 10
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

What is the balance on the current vehicle loan?

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 849
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

[Edited: Please do not reveal personally identifying information in your messages]

Message Edited by LilMirth on 07-28-2009 10:28 AM
Message 7 of 10
Math_Rocks
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm also trying to get an unsecured personal loan. It's hard these days. I'm in the low 600 range and I'm looking for $5k. I've gotten turned down just about everywhere I've looked. I have 3 30 day lates in the last 12 months that's all that is hurting me.

I think that prosper.com (peer-to-peer lending) is doing loans again.

Filed Chapter 13 April 2012. Case successfully closed May 2017, about 1 month after 60th payment. FAKO scores on close date: TU 695 EQ 697. Received discharge July 11th - took forever! Real EX day of discharge 624.
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Math_Rocks wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I think that prosper.com (peer-to-peer lending) is doing loans again.

Prosper.com and LendingClub.com both are making loans.  But they are courting prime borrowers with very good credit.  Got a buddy who tried to borrow 12K through Lending Club.  The loan amount was "funded" by the various individual investors, but then Lending Club "Adverse Action" rejected and removed it because they didn't like his employer (did a lookup on the company and decided the company wasn't big enough) and said employer does not meet standards.  His credit qualified ~740ish no derogs, low debt.

Message Edited by txjohn on 07-28-2009 12:28 PM
Message 9 of 10
ready13
New Contributor

That sounds a bit crazy they did a check on his employer and decided the company he worked for wasn't big enough and so that's when they discriminated against offering his approval based on what factors would they look into the companies revenue to check if they agreed or liked the numbers
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.