Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update on Just need to vent . . .

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Update on Just need to vent . . .

What an awesome little guy you have there miz!  I'm so happy everything turned out for you.   It sounds like you're a great mom.  You should be very proud. 
Message 21 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@miz wrote:
...She kept commenting on how polite he was. I told her that was good to hear (something didn't bounce off his beautiful head). Now, I am not saying that she decided to rent to us because of my son's actions, but it's good feeling that they can take a look at our credit report and still want to rent to us, and I don't think it hurt that she got to see my kids and how they do

Early last autumn I got behind in my rent by about a month and a half. Yet I was never in any danger of being evicted. I got to talk with the landlord, and he told me that in the last two months, he had done four evictions, two for nonpayment (tenants didn't even try to settle up or negotiate, they just didn't pay), one for drug activity, and one because the tenants' kids were, for lack of a better word, hellions. Kind of puts things in perspective...he told me he knew I was good for the money as soon as I started getting paid. "If I throw you out, God only knows what will end up taking your place," he said.

Now with company-owned complexes, getting past a bad credit score can be more difficult.
Message 22 of 25
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

TheNewWorldMan wrote:

...he told me he knew I was good for the money as soon as I started getting paid. "If I throw you out, God only knows what will end up taking your place," he said.

Now that is what I call a back-handed compliment  Smiley Very Happy
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 23 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

miz,

Great post. Thank you. I needed to hear something like this.

Message 24 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

So wonderful to read such a nice outcome of a bad situation. Just shows not all is dark and gloomy. Very nice that everyone has had something great to say to remind you of how blessed you are, and what a nice job you have done in raising your children.

I too will give you another 100 hundred fico points giving you a total of 200 extra points.

Good luck!!!
Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.